Show us your MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
View attachment 436378 Stepping over to the dark side and dabbling with MTB (never have before). Picked this up (2nd hand but only ridden twice) and loved my first spin yesterday. Basically have no gear at all so if anyone has anything going cheaply (esp shoes sz 10) I'd be most interested. Would also appreciate any advice on what I might find handy kit wise. Absolute max budget of £75-100 to get me started. Happy to manage for the time-being though would like shoes as a priority. Any words of wisdom gratefully received.

Lovely bike - quite a capable frame that

Any suitable clothes will do for the moment - you don't need to splash out a lot until you decide what works and what doesn't

In this weather, I wear snow boots and old loose woven type tracksuit bottoms, with base layers underneath

The Muddy Fox stuff at Sports Direct is OK for the price, especially the shoes and shorts.

I have had mine for a number of years and they are still going strong even on the commute.

The shoes can be converted between flats and SPD

Kernow_T

Über Member
Lovely bike - quite a capable frame that

Any suitable clothes will do for the moment - you don't need to splash out a lot until you decide what works and what doesn't

In this weather, I wear snow boots and old loose woven type tracksuit bottoms, with base layers underneath

The Muddy Fox stuff at Sports Direct is OK for the price, especially the shoes and shorts.

I have had mine for a number of years and they are still going strong even on the commute.

The shoes can be converted between flats and SPD
Many thanks for advice...whilst money being tight is rarely a luxury, it does make it easy in having to make do whether I want to or not. Will stick to my bibtights or leggings then for the moment but with a pair of rugby shorts over the top so as to not look like even more of a noob. The roomier jackets etc I use for road should be fine for top half and I'll stick to same helmet and gloves. If nothing used comes up I'll probably pay sports direct a visit. Many thanks

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Working on it.. I keep getting out there, let's face it I am not good on the road either when it comes to downhills.

For whatever reason my bikes won't turn.

Thats usually down to a thing called target fixation.
Your also probably tense ...

Relax and always look where you want to be and not at the ground or tree ect.
Common cause of novice motorcycle riders to crash, panic and target fixation on car or the wrong side of the road when going a bit too fast.
Experience is using the bars " opposite steering" to force a quick turn and look at the safe option relax and often stay off the brakes..

Jenkins

Legendary Member
View attachment 436378 Stepping over to the dark side and dabbling with MTB (never have before). Picked this up (2nd hand but only ridden twice) and loved my first spin yesterday. Basically have no gear at all so if anyone has anything going cheaply (esp shoes sz 10) I'd be most interested. Would also appreciate any advice on what I might find handy kit wise. Absolute max budget of £75-100 to get me started. Happy to manage for the time-being though would like shoes as a priority. Any words of wisdom gratefully received.
Snap - I've got exactly the same bike and it's great fun as a change from the road bikes. If you plan to use it as intended, just stick with any old clobber - in my case something like Ronhill Bikesters/Tracksters, £10 walking shoes from Decathlon and some form of breathable top & jacket
Muddy Rutland (1).JPG

Mireystock

SIip-slidin' down Big Pig...
Many thanks for advice...whilst money being tight is rarely a luxury, it does make it easy in having to make do whether I want to or not. Will stick to my bibtights or leggings then for the moment but with a pair of rugby shorts over the top so as to not look like even more of a noob. The roomier jackets etc I use for road should be fine for top half and I'll stick to same helmet and gloves. If nothing used comes up I'll probably pay sports direct a visit. Many thanks

Same bike as me, and which I'm guessing I've done around 2000 miles on now. Also our 14 year old has the newer, red Bizango. I was looking at getting him another bike for his first mountain bike, but the reviews of the Bizango were just so good (again) against bikes that were up to £100 pounds more that it would have been stupid not to have bought him one.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
New bike, old stock = cheapish
Forme Ripley 001
Always hankered after a decent (for me) MTB, saw these over a year ago but missed the boat, then this one popped up so took the plunge.^_^

71F6DDCF-001C-4584-8383-B116F9743174.jpeg

Top Bottom