Show us your MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clid61

Veteran
Lovely bike - quite a capable frame that

Any suitable clothes will do for the moment - you don't need to splash out a lot until you decide what works and what doesn't

In this weather, I wear snow boots and old loose woven type tracksuit bottoms, with base layers underneath

The Muddy Fox stuff at Sports Direct is OK for the price, especially the shoes and shorts.

I have had mine for a number of years and they are still going strong even on the commute.

The shoes can be converted between flats and SPD
I have Muddy fox gear from Sports Direct for dossing about in, serve their purpose well. Saves on wearing out decent gear .

Zipp2001

Veteran
I have a 29 plus, and fat bike. The fat bike has studded tires for dealing with iced over trails.
49608131_10215359386150356_7236292545343389696_n.jpg
Snow bound.jpg

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
There’s some great looking MTBs on this fred.

One from the past I should not have sold. Cannondale Jekyll 2000, which got me back on a bike in my 40’s , I upgraded the brakes, the bars, and the tyres. It cost 2 grand in 2000. I wish I still had it.

CB634C90-0D89-440D-8445-A3E5BF359593.jpeg

A break from mtbing I bought road bikes because I moved to an area that was flatter than piss on a plate, then moved near to the Ridgeway and bought this.
191069D4-0A60-4C47-9F4C-3693C5237536.jpeg

Trek Superfly 29’. Not sure about the big wheels but it’s a smashing bike, an ex demo model ended costing about £700.

I need to get out on it more.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Popped into AJ Cycles at Rushden Lakes.
Lovely new family owned bike shop.
I've been after a full suss E-MTB for a while, tried all motor configuration and several models.
Quite a few in CJs so after a lot of thinking and fighting my conscience I finally pulled the pin and opted for a Specialized...

:laugh: Sorry but this is as its name suggests feckin Epic I fell in love instantly..

Some may be able to spot the deliberate mistake ;)

IMG_20190216_165338.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well that's a great bike to find out on, superb bargain.

The plan is gentle rides - we've got loads of off road routes (but too rough for a hybrid) to pubs for meals etc. That's my plan.. we did a lake ride in N. Wales last year and the descent back to the visitor centre was too loose for her hybrid (it's a 32c 'fast' one) - the 'teens' were fine on their MTB's but my missus hybrid was a bit too sketchy.

Rhyl pump track to get used to it whilst we are at the Caravan, and Llandegla Green is on the cards !

Fantastic bargain from Al - couldn't pass on it. Brakes and dropper bled perfectly first time. Then realised Al rides 'continental' so swapped the hoses round, and only needed a 'mini' bleed on the rear as had to re-route the hose back under the bike, losing a tiny drop of oil. BB, headset and jockey wheels re-greased.

Levo-Lon

Guru
The plan is gentle rides - we've got loads of off road routes (but too rough for a hybrid) to pubs for meals etc. That's my plan.. we did a lake ride in N. Wales last year and the descent back to the visitor centre was too loose for her hybrid (it's a 32c 'fast' one) - the 'teens' were fine on their MTB's but my missus hybrid was a bit too sketchy.

Rhyl pump track to get used to it whilst we are at the Caravan, and Llandegla Green is on the cards !

Fantastic bargain from Al - couldn't pass on it. Brakes and dropper bled perfectly first time. Then realised Al rides 'continental' so swapped the hoses round, and only needed a 'mini' bleed on the rear as had to re-route the hose back under the bike, losing a tiny drop of oil. BB, headset and jockey wheels re-greased.

:laugh: Bloody left hand drivers. .. Hope she loves it mate

Top Bottom