Show us your MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MonsterEnergy

Just been cleaned after 35 miles of off roading this week (which damn near killed me on the 30C+ humid days!)

View attachment 541790
Wow
that looks great
Nice bike

Badger_Boom

Über Member
View attachment 525121

Here's my 1995/6 GT Outpost, freshly fitted with some new rubber. It's mostly original, apart from pedals, front brake, saddle and tyres. Rides like a dream and has little use until now. Bought fairly recently for £25 - utter bargain.
I think an Outpost was what I was going to buy when I saw a Timberline with a slightly better spec on sale in the shop. Its still going and all original apart from the tyres and brake blocks.
96B3D285-0209-4511-9323-A60200D5AA19.jpeg

SGG on a bike

That's a fine looking cycle :-). I love mine and have now pretty much made it what I want it to be. More road biased tyres with better puncture protection, rear rack and panniers, mild upgrade on the brakes and stripped and relies everything. It rides really nicely and very smooth. Love it.

LJR69

Did that take you a while to save up for?
Would love a full suspension bike but to expensive
I'm in the lucky category of my mortgage being paid off and kids grown up. Yeah, they are expensive but worth grabbing if and when you can.

ChrisEyles

Guru
I managed to bag my first full sus for a total cost of £50 - obviously older and not as nice (a 1997? Marin shoreline trail), but I had a lot of fun on it around Dartmoor & Exmoor. Keep an eye on Facebook marketplace, don't be too fussy about the make/model and the odd super cheap one will pop up from someone who simply needs to free up the space. Chances are it will need some TLC and maybe new chain, brake blocks etc but look on it as a good way to improve your maintenance skills and as something you can be proud of when you've got it running nicely.

Of course there's always the small chance an unscrupulous seller will try and shift a bit with a fatal flaw eg cracked frame, so with taking someone asking with you who knows what to look for if possible (or ask on here for help prior to taking a look!).

Although it's a difference experience, you have just as much fun on a hardtail :smile:

weareHKR

Capture.jpg

My 1989/90 Saracen Tufftrax - absolutely love riding this!

MonsterEnergy

Just finished giving mine an update in readiness for a (now cancelled) trip to the Alps :sad:.

Managed to find a firm that could do the graphics in the same colour as the frame, and also updated the frame graphics to Rose's current font/design. Other changes are an increase in front travel to 160mm, reverting back to Schwable rubber and a pair of Sam Pilgrim's own PilGrips.

It's gonna be a shame to get it dirty :smile:

View attachment 523983
Sorry this dosen't come under this thread, but what size are Sam Pilgrim's Handle bar grips.
I have brought some new ones that have a diameter of 22.2mm, and 13cm Long. But if i got some of Sam Pilgrim's would they still fit?

Top Bottom