Show us your MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I am interested to know the opinion of you MTBers, as I am not one and do no have a clue. What would be your ideal bike for this race coming up in 2018. I know a couple of guys who have registered and are wondering which bike they need.

Why would you choose that particular bike?

https://www.apidura.com/adventures/nelson-trees-this-is-the-silk-road-mountain-race/

Steel 29er for a start. Dunno beyond that.

Looks awesome though.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
You
I'v shown the prettier side, there are some paint chips, several in fact mainly on the non drive side & a big one under bottom bracket shell.

Currently has stock Sram 2x10 but looking at a change to 1x11/12, new bar, stem, grips, flats & a new wheel set built up (I already have the rims), new tyres *maybe* & a dropper post !

It's a carcass basically !
You didn't happen to cycle past me and family as we were walking up to the trig point above Mottram Rd cutting in the snow yesterday did you? Some brave soul in knee length shorts rode up on a bright blue Mondraker. It was well below freezing and the wind was howling across the moorland whipping up the snow as it went.... :cold:

Nigeyy

Legendary Member

SteCenturion

I am your Father
You

You didn't happen to cycle past me and family as we were walking up to the trig point above Mottram Rd cutting in the snow yesterday did you? Some brave soul in knee length shorts rode up on a bright blue Mondraker. It was well below freezing and the wind was howling across the moorland whipping up the snow as it went.... :cold:
No mate .....
in fact, just like my other bikes it is sitting there, unloved atm, a very difficult split & things like nativity plays & seeing my Junior taking precedence atm.

I am pretty sure the front wheel needs some spoke tensioning & the F&R derailleurs need tweaking too.

Anyway I don't have a 'Legs Out' Licence since I was reported as a white Yeti !

QCoDWe3.jpg

My Kona Lanai, a cheap replacement for a GT Zaskar I had stolen a while back. This one hets the odd trip to Clayton vale, but gets rolled out for the commute when the roads are a little slippery.

JhnBssll

Veteran
All these retro Kona's popping up... I had a Hahanna followed by a Caldera in my mid teens and loved both of them, great geometry and lively steel frames.

As fate would have it a Caldera frame popped up out of the blue this afternoon (after typing "Kona Frame" in eBay and hitting enter - what are the chances?!) so obviously I bought it :blush: I'll have to hide it in the roof of the garage for a month or two, at least until the Bianchi arrives and settles in, before I let the boss know bicycle #5 is in the planning :laugh:

Saw it in the LBS on Sunday, bought it yesterday morning, it was ready for collection by midday yesterday, hopefully have time to collect it by the end of the week and get a few miles on it on Saturday.

2016-specialized-stumpjumper-fsr-elite-650b-biketreks.jpg

Top Bottom