Show us your MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense

Friends reunited MY 2000 Stumpjumper FSR XC and Enduro FSR Pro

I'm normally a roadie but recently thought I'd resurrect my old Scott Sawtooth (circa 1990 I think) which was mouldering in a corner of my garage. I'd forgotten what fun it was and it's hooked me.

I hadn't realised how many off-road possibilities ther are close to me... Swinley, Minley, Bagshot Heath, Mytchett/Tunnel Hill etc.

Anyway, I decided to treat myself and got a Calibre Bossnut. Just love it, far more capable than I'll ever be.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I'm normally a roadie but recently thought I'd resurrect my old Scott Sawtooth (circa 1990 I think) which was mouldering in a corner of my garage. I'd forgotten what fun it was and it's hooked me.
View attachment 487220
I hadn't realised how many off-road possibilities ther are close to me... Swinley, Minley, Bagshot Heath, Mytchett/Tunnel Hill etc.

Anyway, I decided to treat myself and got a Calibre Bossnut. Just love it, far more capable than I'll ever be.

View attachment 487221
Snap:okay:

Skanker

Nice bike looks like a 2007 Meta? That model was a certain mountain biking magazine’s bike of the year back in the day. So what modifications have you got, batteries and motor?
It’s the 2008 5.5.1.
Lots of changes, personal preferences for riding style mainly.
RST handlebars on specialized stem, FSA Orbit Extreme headset, Fox Float R rear shock, Rockshox Toro forks, Mars dropper seatstem, ETC seat and some bright yellow Redneck pedals.
Oh and some Mavic 321 rims because I destroyed the original wheels in Italy.

Very nice :okay:

Manufacturers claimed weight is 12.9 kg for the £6699 bike

What year are you looking at? Also, the Prowler Sonic is heavier that the Scarp Sonic version - longer travel forks, beefier frame etc.

9.2kg for 2018: https://bikeboard.cc/ktm-scarp-sonic-12-2018-ber7531

9.7kg for 2019: https://www.ktm-bike.pt/pt/loja/5351-bicicleta-ktm-scarp-sonic-29-2019-12s-detail.html

Mine was purchased here in Portugal - but my bike is a bit lighter being the Small. We weighed it at the shop without pedals. It is light for a FF. Not as light as my 6.1kg Wilier Zero6 road bike, but light. :smile:

Top Bottom