Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good luck! Isn't that close to Leith hill? You can do them both while you are there! :whistle:
Takes a good route to approach Leith Hill after Box Hill, needs to approach Leith Hill from the south.
Depends how near you are.
Box Hill is perfectly manageable gradient, Leith Hill a bit tougher.

Leescfc79

Über Member
I have been bad recently, after completeing the Pru Ride London over a week ago I have not been on the bike.

I had a week off exercise all together but played badmington last night and plan to get out later on my new bike!

I wanted a bike I could pop to the shops/gym on and not worry about having to get all dressed up on etc and I've also had a bit of a desire to try single spped/fixed for a while so after selling my Triban for nearly the same I paid for it I ordered a charge plug 1 yesterday and just had a phone call to say I can pick it up later!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I have been bad recently, after completeing the Pru Ride London over a week ago I have not been on the bike.

I had a week off exercise all together but played badmington last night and plan to get out later on my new bike!

I wanted a bike I could pop to the shops/gym on and not worry about having to get all dressed up on etc and I've also had a bit of a desire to try single spped/fixed for a while so after selling my Triban for nearly the same I paid for it I ordered a charge plug 1 yesterday and just had a phone call to say I can pick it up later!
Enjoy :thumbsup: I really like my Charge Grater 1. Great little bike for not very much money.

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
Fitted new tyres using those plastic wrenches for tyres i must say im getting a grip of it and second tyre was so easy to fit. Tyres are Vittoria rubinos and they were much easier to fit in than stock halfords ones :smile:

SSnSemM.jpg

creashor

Proud day today. I managed to ride up Withington Woods hill (near Chedworth in Glos). When I started riding (to lose weight) I said to my wife that I'd get up it, she gave me one if those "of course you will, dear" looks. Well I got up it today, stopped a few times in the way up but I walked not one inch and both she and I were absolutely delighted. Next goal, to get up it without stopping, but more weight needs to be shifted first. Now lost 2st 11lb.

Cheers

Last edited:

Leescfc79

Über Member
Enjoy :thumbsup: I really like my Charge Grater 1. Great little bike for not very much money.

Cheers Mo, I got a 15% discount code via work for Evans and it was already in the sale so got £150 off the orignal asking price, really love the look of the clean, simple lines too - will take for a test ride later and report back!

Leescfc79

Über Member
Well, just back from my first try of single speed riding.

Very happy with the bike, feels strong yet not too heavy and the upright riding position was nice. The single gear was quite a shock to the system though, it reminded me of my first ride nearly 2 years ago where it nearly killed me! I think riding single speed will increase my fitness more than my road bike, now just to pluck up the courage to turn the wheel around and give it a go fixed.

Ride and a pic of bike on strava - http://www.strava.com/activities/182530304

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom