Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Coggy

well done coggy been out myself tonight http://www.strava.com/activities/182535675
less wind just terrible headaches

Excellent stuff !

Apart from the headaches !

bash 73

Thanks i have been riding now for about 6 weeks and have found that if i am planning on going out to eat quite well with carbs, that is what i did today and felt great apart from the headaches. Im planning a 35 mile ride in the next few weeks with an elevation gain of 1300ft so to give me a goal. Have you joined a club or ride with friends

Coggy

Thanks i have been riding now for about 6 weeks and have found that if i am planning on going out to eat quite well with carbs, that is what i did today and felt great apart from the headaches. Im planning a 35 mile ride in the next few weeks with an elevation gain of 1300ft so to give me a goal. Have you joined a club or ride with friends

I ride alone mostly to be honest. At first went out with a mate but his football season has started again now and I actually enjoy riding solo now.

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
woke up 6:30 in the morning felt like if i wont do something ill explode so i went for a nice and bit cold run at 7 after i ate medium sized breakfast and drank alot of water :smile:

I was wearing long tracksuit trouses, long sleeved shirt and fat wool sweater, i havent sweated that much nonetheless because it was really chilly i could see my breath most of the way, route was nice and hilly i challenged a bus midway and beaten it uphill :rofl:

route:
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5720845
miles: 9,7
time: 40 mins
avg: ~12mph
highest: 36mph

on the last downhill my pc failed and stopped counting how much speed i do but i couldn't be asked to fix it and decided to just fix it at home which is now :smile:

now pardon me i have to get a shower and some tea :smile: :cuppa:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Discovered strava segments earlier, adds a whole new dimension to going for a spin

Now join in the challenges and the cyclechat club and your transition to the dark side will be complete

Trevor_P

@bash 73 I've been riding since April, riding with someone else, I find that either I'm waiting for them, or I'm trying too hard to keep up. Solo, I can judge how I feel a lot better. I seem to get more from the rides that way. Bigger groups are quite scary too. Knowing that someone might be riding on your back wheel I find daunting. It's a responsibility I'm not up to yet.

Coggy

@bash 73 I've been riding since April, riding with someone else, I find that either I'm waiting for them, or I'm trying too hard to keep up. Solo, I can judge how I feel a lot better. I seem to get more from the rides that way. Bigger groups are quite scary too. Knowing that someone might be riding on your back wheel I find daunting. It's a responsibility I'm not up to yet.

I agree with all of this.

I have that problem just riding with my OH... he sits way too close to my rear wheel for my liking because I know he is not paying enough attention and if something happens (or my asthma suddenly plays up, or my bad leg hurts) he will and has run into the back of me repeatedly. Yet when I am out with another of my riding partners, it is not a problem with him because I know he pays enough attention. I think it depends entirely on knowing the person you are riding with!

I love training with someone who is younger and fitter/faster than me, it forces me to push myself harder for longer and this in turns gets me faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom