Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Supersuperleeds 1,650 a month

Big_Dave

The unlikely Cyclist
Rest day, it's lovely out and I'm doing housework :sad: On the plus side I'll get a guilt free ride tomorrow. Also I'm swapping bikes round, ridegback hybrid is so filthy it's effecting the gears something chronic and I've had to order the tools and products to sort it out. Mountain bike comes out of the shed and the trail/winter tyres go on the audux.

The latter is because I can't learn the riding position and braking on the roads near me, the flater road is a A road and the B roads are just treacherously hilly "aww really, another 15% gradient just for me? Really Derbyshire you shouldn't have, what a treat". Once I can ride on the trail and learn how the bike steers and handles without fear of wobbling into HGVs/black cars/new 4x4s I'll be as fine on the roads as I am with flat bars.

I feel your pain brother!! (Edit) Sister lol

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member

Learnincurve

@Effyb4 I would work out average speed and manually add that to strava if I were you, you won't get full stats but it will count towards your total.

Nigel that is true; home as the ultimate destination, but is nice to try and strike out somewhere new you wouldn't have considered in the car.. think partly due to fact its the effort involved in getting there makes you appreciate it, as well as what you see on the way. CAKE also helps!! Mean I would never have known bout them tunnels if i went to Market Harborough by car, but they were a unique experience by cycling!!

well done Effy, 34 miles in a day is great. I'm planning my next long distance to try hit 50 miles mark. hehehe.

@cyclingclueless seriously I have seen most of the roads round here in all weathers and times of day, I personally would find it quite a struggle mentally to go much further than 3-4 hours riding, I am out sometimes longer but only because I touch friendly bases. I do have other destinations like the group on Fridays errands when the O.H. needs them ect...
I struggle to find roads I haven't been down, though did get a few new ones this week, even if they were through an estate.
I am somewhere middle left of all this spaghetti and none of that is any more than 25 miles as the crow flies. The red are new roads this year, blue what I did last year and pink the year before.
upload_2014-10-1_18-6-50.png

But many of my rides just take me over the same roads, though not always the same course.

Had a lovely ride with a friend today. We rode to a local wildlife centre. I did a total of 32 miles, but my stupid garmin turned itself off on the way home and I have a strange total of 3 trips, which don't add up to 32 miles. :cursing:
http://www.strava.com/activities/201862219
http://www.strava.com/activities/201862231
http://www.strava.com/activities/201862212
I ended up with three files yesterday, my main ride about what you did there, then when I got home I realised I need 47 mins or so to reach 100hrs for the quarter, so off I went and did that, felt better on that ride than the one in the afternoon, then having calculated wrong towards my eddington no. I had to go and do a further 0.24 (well I a did 2.25)

Nigel that is true; home as the ultimate destination, but is nice to try and strike out somewhere new you wouldn't have considered in the car.. think partly due to fact its the effort involved in getting there makes you appreciate it, as well as what you see on the way. CAKE also helps!! Mean I would never have known bout them tunnels if i went to Market Harborough by car, but they were a unique experience by cycling!!

well done Effy, 34 miles in a day is great. I'm planning my next long distance to try hit 50 miles mark. hehehe.
No doubt you will do it :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom