Show us your Raleigh?!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peugeotrider

2nd Raleigh in the household...
My daughter's 89 pursuit I picked up for a paltry 50 quid and this bike is like a time warp machine.
Paint,rims...all great.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis

I Like mine a lot. From 1987. And the shifters are indexed!

Last edited:
The Competition (83 date code for 84 model year). Frame fitted with the parts I already had in the shed. Waiting for moon bunny to build the back wheel, then fit the chain, cables and new tyres. View attachment 592794
Finally as I like it, third chainwheel been on and off (too tight stay clearance) NOS Continental Supersport tyres, and a B17 so I can fit a saddlebag.

frazzled

Found this old photo from around 1979. I'm on the right, riding the yellow Raleigh Spider. Loved that bike - single speed and weighed nothing. Had it for a good six years and even sold it on.

My friend Robert is also on a Raleigh. Can't remember what it was called. It was some mini version of a Grifter.

Dad would have taken that photo. I know that because he was terrible at photography. Surprised our heads weren't cut off!

raleigh.png

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
See a few Pioneers down here. Can be picked up quite cheap as buyers here prefer to have an aluminium frame.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's interesting @Imaginos . I saw a Technium road bike down here a little while ago, almost bought it. Fantastic condition for year. US specific models, no idea how it got here.
I can post a pic of you're interested.

Top Bottom