1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your self builds...

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by Indigo one, 4 Sep 2014.

1. Cubist

Cubist Still wavin' Staff Member

And I thought her merkin had velcroed itself to her light bracket......

2. jowwy

jowwy The bearded Powerhouse

And you may well be right, but i would rather the owner confirm its a chinarello rather than someone call him out on it for no reason. Also its quite strange that citius in an above post said it wasnt fake, now hes agreeing with your thread and saying it is....he also admitted to knowing nothing about the differences that would make it fake over real.......there comes a time on a forum when some people need to wind their kneck when it comes to others bikes and just let them enjoy riding whatever they choose, be it wheels, frames, tyres etcetc instead of constantly being called out as riding fakes.

Im sure you wouldn't have been too happy if people had posted that your previous venge, tarmac, cervelo were fakes without a PM to you first to aske the question. I feel the owner of said pinarello should have been shown some respect regarding his ride, but i guess these days forum respect is no longer given as new members arrive with the "i know it all and you know nothing mantra"

Roadrider48, pauldavid and Drago like this.
  3. jack smith

jack smith Über Member

Wasnt trying to come across a dick at all you just asked another poster why they thought it was a clone so i gave my opinion, im not bothered if its fake or real it certainly looks nice and thats 50% percent of the overall enjoyment for me.

4. jack smith

jack smith Über Member

Btw @jowwy it is definatley a chinese one.

5. Rafferty

Rafferty Senior Member

001.JPG Modified still further.

6. SteCenturion

SteCenturion I am your Father

A bit of a cheat this one as strictly speaking it's just upgraded...

However, only the Frame, Fork & Groupset remain...

20150629_160212.jpg 20150629_160058.jpg

lukasran and Robeh like this.
  7. Robeh

Robeh Senior Member

Ignore Citius he had a pop at my Zipps on my cube.
    Absolutely *uck all to do with him mind:banghead:

pauldavid and jowwy like this.
  8. Potts81

Potts81 Member

IMG_20150716_131115_zpsgodgdwwq.jpg

IMG_20150716_131628_zpsv4qsseqn.jpg

My first build

dan_bo and SteCenturion like this.
  9. Rafferty

Rafferty Senior Member

10. RJG

RJG Regular

Basic 2014 Kona Dew frame...the rest added. Light as fark. Ridiculously high seat, but that's how I like it.

Attached Files:

11. RJG

RJG Regular

Ha edited to 'fark'....for fark's sake.

12. Maxants33

Maxants33 Active Member

My reformed Bridgestone Roadman - made into a cargo/touring bike - just put it back together after getting it back from the powdercoaters.

Hope ya'll like the double top tube addition, 3 level storage on the front, double dynamo headlamps, folding pannier basket, extended rear rack and goggly eye on the front basket.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

SteCenturion and palinurus like this.
  13. Bodhbh

Bodhbh Veteran

Ongoing saga of my Roadrat. Replaced the old, short, drop specific frame for a new flat barred one. I'm generally more comfortable with flats, but you have to try stuff out! Seems to ride a fair bit better - the new frames are slightly taller at the headtube and the BB is a bit lower. And with a longer frame, grabbing the brakes is less likely to result in the backwheel lifting. Also it can take discs at the back + racks without any faff as the disc mounts are on the chainstay:

SAM_0429_zps5px3epbz.jpg

SAM_0430_zpssi5n9eoo.jpg

Surly disc trucker fork, and 36 spoke wheels make it a utilitarian build - it's what I had - but if I get a Christmas bonus I may jazz it up to something racier.

ChrisEyles and SteCenturion like this.
  14. ItsSteveLovell

ItsSteveLovell Veteran

What tyres? Wants some fat slicks for my TCX

15. Bodhbh

Bodhbh Veteran

35mm Marathon Racers. They have a very light tread, but on the road I can't tell if they roll any different from the fully slick 35mm Kojaks they replaced. They are definately not as fragile anyhow, as I've had the sidewalls get torn a couple of times on the Kojaks. They also take up to 95psi if you want to run them hard.