Show us your Spa Wayfarer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
The shipping container arrived. It contained no Wayfarer frames. Next container isn't due until March/April. Bummed.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
It begins..

All uphill

Still rolling along
Did you give in :laugh:

I bought this from Spa instead, and I'm happy.^_^

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
It's a sad state of affairs that it requires so much effort these days to actually source a sensible steel touring bike that can take proper tyres, proper mudguards, and have rack mounts. Back in the 70's and 80's many fairly low-budget bikes sold as "racers" were in fact fairly long wheelbase touring-geometry type frames with enough tyre clearance and with lower gearing could also be used for touring/utility riding if so desired. Modern drop bar bikes are so much less versatile than the ones being made 40 years ago!

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Embarrassingly, having worked in the bike trade for nearly thirty years and even written a chapter in a book about how to choose the right frame size, I bought the wrong frame size. It didn't cross my mind for a millisecond that a 58cm with loads of fork clearance combined with an extra long head tube would be any different from a regular road bike. Thankfully they were more than happy to swap it for the next size down. What a dufus.

Top Bottom