Show us your Spa Wayfarer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Are you planning on a round the world tour?
Get some smaller bags and you'll be less inclined to carry so much crap in them.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
As of this week, it's now an ebike.

Attachments

• IMG_20220623_143847.jpg
    IMG_20220623_143847.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Jeez. It was supposed to be a simple job, buy a new frame and chuck all the bits over from the existing bike. That was January and here we are. The Blackburn Custom Low-rider I was so delighted to find a NOS example of hanging on the wall of a local shop (after being an absolute bastard to fit to my fork) - does not place the bags where I want them. The whole point of a low-rider fork is to lower the centre of gravity to improve the handling. A properly set up low-rider hangs the bags behind the steerer, which makes a bike so stable you can ride all the way to Timbuktu no handed. So I sold the low-rider for what I'd paid for it and spent weeks trying to order a Giant Rack-it front rack. A farking saga in itself. Anyway. I now have a set up which uses a £20 Brick Lane Bikes front rack to fill the space between wheel and bar bag, and a nicely made low rider £23 which places the back hook of the bag behind the fork where it belongs. I will at some point link the front racks together for a bit more rigidity, but it's perfectly good as is. A bloody bargain if you exclude the fannying about.

Now that the racks are finally resolved I can wire the dynamo lights, gadget charger and trip computer. At which point I might go cycle camping.

New (wider) Spa Saddle. I didn't get on with the ENE which is basically a B17 clone.

Attachments

• DSC_0440.JPG
    DSC_0440.JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0439.JPG
    DSC_0439.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0444.JPG
    DSC_0444.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC_0443.JPG
    DSC_0443.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0438.JPG
    DSC_0438.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC_0436.JPG
    DSC_0436.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0437.JPG
    DSC_0437.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

freiston

Veteran
There's a chance I might have some spare cash some time in the future and I would like to build up my own bike based on a Wayfarer frame. I started a "wishlist" and it's scary just how much my dream would cost and also just how hard it is to source the bits I want (and how one component choice affects others). Wanting Paul Klampers doesn't help :biggrin:.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Spa Cycles Wayfarer frame with FSA cartridge HS
Son 32 front, Halo Combat 36 rear, Halo White Line 700 rims, black stainless spokes
VO stem
Nitto Noodle bar
Cane Creek brake levers
Microshift 9 speed bar end shifters
VO cables throughout
Stronglight CS, Syncros 46, Stronglight 34, Pace 24
12/32 SRAM 9spd cassette and chain
Suntour XC 9000 rear mech with alloy pulleys
Tektro (I think) cantilever brakes
Tektro (I think) rear disc as a parking/drag brake (activated by a Campag left hand down tube shifter)
Sachs plastic front mech
Chain catcher
Halo ti Allen key skewers
Stainless mudguards
Panaracer Gravel King tyres 42c
Spa Cycles saddle
Genetic seat post
Hope seat clamp
Green bling
Blackburn rear rack
BLB front rack (adapted)
Giant lowrider