Show us your Spa Wayfarer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
I want to use the space between wheel and bar bag for bulky/light stuff. Tubus make a very nice one that's well over £100. Surly, Bounty, Blackburn, VelOrange etc make them in various iterations of unsuitability and expensiveness. Blackburn used to make a simple front rack which could work in conjunction with a low rider. Madison (M-Part) make a front rack but it's not compatible with their lowrider, which I already have. Brick Lane Bikes came to the rescue wuth their very simple Lightweight Front Rack for just £20!
DSC_0107.JPG

DSC_0002_BURST20220306114607011_COVER.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Parking/ stoker brake works a treat. Suntour NOS LH shifter works like it was designed for the job.
DSC_0108.JPG

Yep. Just while I'm building it. I'll stick some clear tape on it at some point.
I'd be inclined to keep - I use bits of it on my British Racing Green ridgeback expedition in various places to stop cable rub - if I'd put some on the top tube could have avoided some very bad dinging/scratching that occurred soon after I got it - still don't know when/how it happened.

postman

Legendary Member
Is that gorillatape camo on the top tube?
To protect against knocks?
Forgive me Father for i have sinned.Whilst cleaning three bikes on Saturday,one slipped,it caught a hard object and chipped paint off the top tube,it is Mrs P's Koga,it WAS immaculate,i was devastated.When i told her she was so kind to say ok its only a bike,i have worse scratches on the car.

Top Bottom