1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your Specialized

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by y2blade, 25 Jul 2013.

1. davester65

davester65 Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional

My new toy on it's first outing today. :-)
    Spec
    S Works Roubaix SL4, Mavic Kysrium SLR Wheelset with Conti GP 4 Season Tyres, Shimano 105 11 spd Groupset (upgrade to follow later on this year), Prologo Scratch Saddle, Prologo Bar Tape, 3T Bars & Stem, S Works Cobl Gobl-R Seatpost.
    IMG_20160314_135013269.jpg

I'll get my mate to do some better pics when we get chance.

2. postman

postman Guru

That looks lovely.It has the colouring of the Stealth bomber.I hope you are not invisible to motorists.

davester65 likes this.
  3. mark st1

mark st1 Plastic Manc

@PaulSecteur

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Just picked this up excuse the ugly pedals I will be swapping them when I have become comfortable being clipped in.
    S-Works Allez with Ritchey bars and stem full Ultegra 11sp group set inc the wheels Fizik Airone saddle and Lizard Skin bar tape. Lots of lovely Aluminium. Think I'm going to be busy this weekend :hyper:

Oldbloke, PaulSecteur and ianrauk like this.
  4. Spiderweb

Spiderweb Über Member

image.jpeg 2010 Epic, I love this bike

Last edited: 24 Apr 2016
  5. PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur Specialized fanboy

Lookin good!!! Those smartweld frames bulge in all the right places.

I will be very interested to hear a ride report when you have had chance to put some miles on.

mark st1 likes this.
  6. PaulSecteur

I love mine too... But I couldn't go so minimalist on the grips as those...

7. Spiderweb

Spiderweb Über Member

I've owned the bike from new, apart from changing to a titanium railed saddle it's all original. I'm mostly a roadie so have only ridden the Epic half a dozen times in the lakes at Whinlatter or Grisedale trail centres. The bike is fantastic, it can be set up super stiff which is what I like and it is a quick cross country machine. The bike is far too good for me, it's a case of 'all the gear but little idea'. I plan to ride more MTB so I should improve but I do love riding off road and would highly recommend Whinlatter near Braithwaite.

8. tdm

tdm Well-Known Member

9. iamRayRay

iamRayRay Quads of Steel

IMG_7206.JPG

Time for the 2016 season / outing, all clean and serviced ready for the summer months!

10. kernowpaul

kernowpaul Regular

WP_20160423_17_42_43_Pro.jpg For my first post on these forums I thought I would share my bike.

11. PaulSecteur

@mark st1 Have you had the S-works allez out much? What are your thoughts?

12. mark st1

mark st1 Plastic Manc

Yes @PaulSecteur unfortunatly due to financial reasons it's gone now but I can say it's a very good machine. Didn't feel as racey as the SL4 Tarmac but a bit more than the Roubaix so kind of in between. Much more responsive out of the saddle than my Allez Sport far less flex at the BB area and my times uphill (the same hills)were better on the S Works bike. Very stiff frame all round the bloke that built it for me had a go and also said how responsive it felt putting power down. Without trying to scrimp the weight was bang on 7kg with full Ultegra inc wheels and Spd pedals so the potential is there for the weight weenies. Sad to see it go and would happily buy another ( will keep doing the lottery ) but hey ho on to the next one.....:okay:

13. PaulSecteur

@mark st1 Sorry to hear it has gone. I'm in the same boat so may have to sell my Roubaix. Sad times...

14. mark st1

mark st1 Plastic Manc

Not good mate fingers crossed everything works out for you.

PaulSecteur likes this.
  15. mark st1

mark st1 Plastic Manc

image_zpsbbqdkzop.jpe
    image_zpsnra6fgll.jpe
    image_zpsqiaaptjs.jpe

Picked this up from the gent that is @ianrauk for a bargain. Cracking looking machine 2009 Roubaix Elite full Ultegra 10 speed RS 11 wheels chuffed to bits for the price. Now if someone could make this rain bugger off so I could get out on her I'd be most grateful.

Last edited: 23 Jun 2016