Show us your Specialized

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
@PaulSecteur

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Just picked this up excuse the ugly pedals I will be swapping them when I have become comfortable being clipped in.
S-Works Allez with Ritchey bars and stem full Ultegra 11sp group set inc the wheels Fizik Airone saddle and Lizard Skin bar tape. Lots of lovely Aluminium. Think I'm going to be busy this weekend :hyper:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Lookin good!!! Those smartweld frames bulge in all the right places.

I will be very interested to hear a ride report when you have had chance to put some miles on.
I've owned the bike from new, apart from changing to a titanium railed saddle it's all original. I'm mostly a roadie so have only ridden the Epic half a dozen times in the lakes at Whinlatter or Grisedale trail centres. The bike is fantastic, it can be set up super stiff which is what I like and it is a quick cross country machine. The bike is far too good for me, it's a case of 'all the gear but little idea'. I plan to ride more MTB so I should improve but I do love riding off road and would highly recommend Whinlatter near Braithwaite.

kernowpaul

Regular
WP_20160423_17_42_43_Pro.jpg
For my first post on these forums I thought I would share my bike.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
@mark st1 Have you had the S-works allez out much? What are your thoughts?

Yes @PaulSecteur unfortunatly due to financial reasons it's gone now but I can say it's a very good machine. Didn't feel as racey as the SL4 Tarmac but a bit more than the Roubaix so kind of in between. Much more responsive out of the saddle than my Allez Sport far less flex at the BB area and my times uphill (the same hills)were better on the S Works bike. Very stiff frame all round the bloke that built it for me had a go and also said how responsive it felt putting power down. Without trying to scrimp the weight was bang on 7kg with full Ultegra inc wheels and Spd pedals so the potential is there for the weight weenies. Sad to see it go and would happily buy another ( will keep doing the lottery ) but hey ho on to the next one.....:okay:

Top Bottom