Show us your Specialized

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kies

Nice bike mo, really tempted to just go buy one for Mrs Kies as a (surprise) anniversary present.
How tall are you and which size did you get?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Nice bike mo, really tempted to just go buy one for Mrs Kies as a (surprise) anniversary present.
How tall are you and which size did you get?
Thanks. I'm just a smidgin over 5' 3" and went for the small. Certainly wouldn't have liked it any smaller as I wouldn't mind feeling just a tad more stretched but that's maybe just because I am used to a drop bar bike now as well. When I have some spare pennies I quite fancy the Ergon grips with the bar ends incorporated just for a change of hand position.

I didn't like the stock tyres very much and felt it ran much nicer this morning on the new Fortezza Tricomps.

I also like the internal cabling as I think it makes it easier to keep clean. ^_^

Kies

She is 5ft 4" so the small would be right. I have some 23c spares, and would fit those before she sees it.

Sillyoldman

Veteran
sworks_zps5169e67b.jpg

that is gorgeous.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Lovely bikes. Here's my Tricross out and about -
ossqqw.jpg

and at home awaiting cleaning
2v9yln9.jpg

Yebbut; you'll find it doesn't get so dirty if you put the mudguards on BEFORE you go out! :thumbsup:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Retro enough? I had one of these as my first decent bike at 16 years old. Now at 34 with fond memories of the 6000 miles (no joke) i covered on it. I found one a few weeks ago. Mid 90's Rockhopper. :smile:
Like that a lot. My next door neighbour was desperately looking for a retro mountain bike but couldn't find much at the time and ended up with something with front shocks which he hates and is going to get changed. He would have loved to find something like that.

Roadrunner78

It is. It took a few months to find. I did an eBay search distance nearest first after getting fed up with the, 'collection only half the world away' listings. I couldn't believe there was one 10 miles away! I arranged a viewing and price and took it home. £90 :O

eBay and a lot of patience. I am not a fan of new mountain bikes. I think these look better. I did have a 2004 one trying to ignite the feelings I had but.. Not the same. There is no option for a good steel nice looking MTB these days without suspension forks. Oh and it weighs 13.1KG. :smile:

Top Bottom