1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your steel.....its real...

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by Cooperman, 24 Sep 2008.

1. Lilliburlero

Lilliburlero Wilier ftw

Thanks for that, I`ll keep it as it is.

2. dim

dim Guest

I used to own a 1980's Condor that had an Avocet saddle .... I found it very comfortable especially on long rides ..... they are quality saddles

if you find it uncomfortable, change it, but keep it for when you one day decide to sell the bike

you can get newer Holdsworth saddles aswell: (they have black ones):
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/SAHOGS/holdsworth-gran-sport-vintage-saddle
    SAHOGS_P2.jpg

Last edited: 21 Jan 2017
    grecinos and Lilliburlero like this.
  3. Lilliburlero

Lilliburlero Wilier ftw

I`v not had the chance to set up the saddle to my liking just yet. I like my saddles tilted slightly upwards towards the bars - like this on my hybrid -
    Picture 682.jpg
    I know the saddle will be fine if its set up like this, as I do it on all of my bikes and have no problems at all with comfort.

I was looking at the Px saddles the other day, but I think I`d just be paying out £30 for the badge :thumbsdown:

Many thanks for the reply @dim :thumbsup:

grecinos likes this.
  4. youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

The 'retro' 7.99 PX saddles are comfortable and surprisingly good value. They appear to be identical to the Chinese saddles available for around a fiver. I've got one on my early 90s Peugeot 525, and it looks 'in period'.
    SAHWRRS-BLK_P1.jpg

5. simon.r

simon.r Person

My re-born Charge Juicer, awaiting final tweaking and a test ride before the bar tape goes on. The masking tape on the fork is to check if the 32mm tyre is rubbing on the fork when riding. It *just* works in the workshop, but I wonder if when I'm on board it may deflect too much:

IMG_2059.JPG

RedRider, Fab Foodie, mjr and 3 others like this.
  6. bigjim

bigjim Veteran

Picked this old Galaxy up cheap for my European touring trips rather than chance a good bike on the plane. Turns out this is a good bike. Now what!:smile:

23811323775_c1253f4613_c.jpg

Last edited: 4 Feb 2017
  7. Dirtyhanz

Dirtyhanz Über Member

IMG_0267.JPG Had this since 1987 it's ageing gracefully just like me

8. uphillstruggler

uphillstruggler Über Member

Go touring on it or buy a cheap bike, oh hold on

bigjim likes this.
  9. DP

DP Chasse patate

Converted my Condor Fratello to 1x11. S

963.JPG

10. TheCyclingRooster

TheCyclingRooster Über Member

Hi to you all out there. Having shown you my totally refurbished Benotto Modelo 850 on the 27th September 2016 I can now reveal my other steed - my recently finished and equally refurbished Steve Goff frame which like my Benotto is also of Columbus tubing albeit of three different grades - hence the Designer Select on the front end of the top-tube.

The frame was totally stripped and re-stove enameled in a very nice Flamboyant Blue and fitted with new Chromed forks.
    Steve Goff (13).JPG Steve Goff (1).JPG Steve Goff (4).JPG Steve Goff (3).JPG

11. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Agreed!

12. Fab Foodie

OMG! Beautiful....

13. Fab Foodie

I for one love it!

dan_bo, RedRider and Dirtyhanz like this.
  14. TheCyclingRooster

TheCyclingRooster Über Member

Hi Dh. Nice paint job and the criss - cross finish on the decals is quite 'eye catching'.
    There is some thing really nice about the use of Chromed Forks and stays - albeit my two machines only have the Chromed Forks.

15. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

This is my latest build, it's a bit of a rarity, a Dave Lloyd Quantum 650 from 1996.

I still have some work to do, but it's getting there.

B7_zpsnu7gqmz9.jpg