Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Aye that's very handsome that:okay:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Bagged this early 90`s? Holdsworth Elite on Monday. Thinking of changing the saddle, bar tape and tyres from black to tan (let me know what you think of this)

Its going to be my evening pub runner with the wife this Summer :cheers:

Photos from the seller... It looks more silvery in the flesh btw.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

dim

being delivered tomorrow morning:

s-l1600.jpg

needs a bit of 'dressing up' .... saddle will be replaced with my black Gilles Berthoud Aravis saddle ... black bar tape, handlebar stem will be lowered .... new tyres (they are tubs) .... saddle will be raised, a new water bottle (maybe a Kleen Kanteen):
3377472208_6e880c2c13.jpg

I have 2 other good modern bikes but I'll ride the Pinarello for a while (Sunday slow rides) and then sell it (hopefully) for double what I paid ....

then I will buy a better vintage steel bike with the money and do the same (until I have a really good vintage steel bike which will then be a keeper) .... maybe a Colnago Master or similar

dim

Last edited:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
I used to own a 1980's Condor that had an Avocet saddle .... I found it very comfortable especially on long rides ..... they are quality saddles

if you find it uncomfortable, change it, but keep it for when you one day decide to sell the bike

you can get newer Holdsworth saddles aswell: (they have black ones):
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/SAHOGS/holdsworth-gran-sport-vintage-saddle
View attachment 334308

I`v not had the chance to set up the saddle to my liking just yet. I like my saddles tilted slightly upwards towards the bars - like this on my hybrid -
Picture 682.jpg

I know the saddle will be fine if its set up like this, as I do it on all of my bikes and have no problems at all with comfort.

I was looking at the Px saddles the other day, but I think I`d just be paying out £30 for the badge :thumbsdown:

Many thanks for the reply @dim :thumbsup:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
The 'retro' 7.99 PX saddles are comfortable and surprisingly good value. They appear to be identical to the Chinese saddles available for around a fiver. I've got one on my early 90s Peugeot 525, and it looks 'in period'.
SAHWRRS-BLK_P1.jpg

Hi to you all out there. Having shown you my totally refurbished Benotto Modelo 850 on the 27th September 2016 I can now reveal my other steed - my recently finished and equally refurbished Steve Goff frame which like my Benotto is also of Columbus tubing albeit of three different grades - hence the Designer Select on the front end of the top-tube.

The frame was totally stripped and re-stove enameled in a very nice Flamboyant Blue and fitted with new Chromed forks.
Steve Goff (13).JPG
Steve Goff (1).JPG
Steve Goff (4).JPG
Steve Goff (3).JPG

Top Bottom