Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I have posted this before but not in it's finished state. It's been for it's first outing today - a quick 30 miler and what was remarkable was that although I put it together myself it all worked!

It's a 1978 531c frame with Campag Veloce, Quest wheels, Nitto Bars and stem. Charge saddle and tape.

It rides really well - I'm very pleased with it!

Very nice indeed, 3BM. If it rides as well as it looks it must be smooth as silk! Isn't self-assembly satisfying when there are no pieces left over!

waffle

some lovely looking bikes in this thread. Heres my bob jackson which unfourtunatly is having to be put up for sale. let me know if your interested
277791874.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Posted 'else where' but this was my first proper bike in 1986, bought myself this when I got my first job, aged 16......

The cranks, seat pin and brake callipers live on the 'ribble'

attachment.php

Davidc

Guru
Like fossyant I bought my first real bike from my first job - working Saturdays and during school holidays at one of the old manual service Sainsbury's.

I was 15, and it was 1967 and it was the most expensive thing I'd ever bought. I was terrified when I paid for it, especially as my parents couldn't understand why I wanted this instead of the brick with a 3 speed on it that I already had!

It was the 5 speed one, and is still the most responsive and comfortable bike I've ever owned.

Edit: It was a Holdsworth

zzpza

Davidc said:
Like fossyant I bought my first real bike from my first job - working Saturdays and during school holidays at one of the old manual service Sainsbury's.

looking at the picture, how much extra were the spokes? :thumbsup:

Top Bottom