Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greenbank

Über Member
fossyant said:
I have two brakes on my Fixed, and still use the back more than the front, even with speed trimming with the legs...... just road bike riding teaches you that

The post I was replying to mentioned only having one brake on fixed and, if you have such a setup, it has to be a front brake to be legal.

Greenbank

Über Member
Tharg2007 said:
your front brake cable would only snap if it wants well kept or it needed replacing and you didnt do it. Using the same logic on what one would asume to be a poorly maintained bike what if the front wheel collapsed, or the bars broke in two?

True, stuff can just break. Which was my point about having a backup. There's no practical backup for snapped bars or a front wheel collapsing, but there is a practical backup for a cable snap if you're only running one brake.

Greenbank

Über Member
My rear cable brake cable snapped last week and was replaced. My front brake cable is on the verge of snapping (it has about 1 strand of 12 left). Must remember to buy a spare front and rear cable at the same time.

Anyway, have another picture of some steel.

http://www.twitpic.com/mqchw

Taken half way round a rather damp DIY 200km Audax from London down to Brighton and back a few weeks ago. South via Royal Tunbridge Wels, Hayward's Heath and Ditchling Beacon. Back North via Horsham and Betchworth (the nasty climb of Box Hill) and then rocketed down the A217 back into SW London.

just jim

DSC00010.jpg

More or less finished Kaffenback (need to lop off more steerer tube) with saddle provided by phil_hg_uk!

just jim

I only needed the BB tool for the last few turns - how annoying is that? Anyway, never mind that, look at the state of that lawn.

bigfella

Über Member
Just finished my Bob Jackson, hope you like it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Top Bottom