Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
My 1950's Raleigh Lenton had its first ride of 2020 this morning.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
^^
Lovin the colour scheme on the JT .
One of your I take it Mike.
Yes one of mine.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats

simongt

Guru
but I also want to preserve it so I'm torn.
Some years ago, a pal gave me her Dawes Fox circa 1980 ish. Original condition & spec. At the time, I thought wow, I can refurbish this back to pristine - ! However, when I looked more carefully; steel rims, double pull Weinmann brakes, I decided no, take the plunge and bring it 'up to scratch.' So I completely stripped it down, had the frame powder coated emerald green ( I'm Irish descent, so not a surprising choice - ! :rofl: ). Replaced the drive train with a Shimano Deore six rear / triple front, new double pivot brakes and the result is a delight to ride - ! ^_^ Oh and it now sports a C.17 saddle; even better - ! :thumbsup:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Some years ago, a pal gave me her Dawes Fox circa 1980 ish. Original condition & spec. At the time, I thought wow, I can refurbish this back to pristine - ! However, when I looked more carefully; steel rims, double pull Weinmann brakes, I decided no, take the plunge and bring it 'up to scratch.' So I completely stripped it down, had the frame powder coated emerald green ( I'm Irish descent, so not a surprising choice - ! :rofl: ). Replaced the drive train with a Shimano Deore six rear / triple front, new double pivot brakes and the result is a delight to ride - ! ^_^ Oh and it now sports a C.17 saddle; even better - ! :thumbsup:
as the post was 2008 it might be interesting to find out what happened ;)

Gunk

Guru
that is some crazy gearing, perfect for wheelies!

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
It's also got all the weight on the back axle to help.

I have a non-setback seatpost on order! Gearing is 34 up front with a 11-42 on the back. Have a 36T chain ring under the Xmas tree, that’ll make it the same as my Giant Toughroad that was perfect gearing for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom