Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
My new 2013 Team Ti Rep, I'm completely in love!

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy

Not classic or collectible just my Surly Steamroller. First built up 2007 , many changes including changing the frame from 62cm to 59 cm hence the stack of spacers and long stem, may look ungainly to some ,but works for me .I chose this photo because it shows how Herts county council are economising by fitting so many signs to one post.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Dusted down, literally as it's not been ridden in nearly 5 years (since I broke my spine)

Time to seek out quiet routes at our caravan in N. Wales. Bigger rubber fitted for riding along the NCN5 (promenard) with MrsF.

Gunk

Guru
My 1970's Elvish boys 10 speed racing bike, bought last year whilst on holiday in France for 10 Euros, it only needed some light recommissioning including a new rear wheel. Photographed next to my Raleigh so you can see how tiny it is. The wheels are very difficult to obtain 550A

Gunk

Guru
I'm with you there. Although Campag are still doing modern groupsets that look right on a classic bike (like your Raleigh).

I've just looked at the prices on ebay for Dura Ace 7400 - OMFG. :wacko:

The Veloce on my Raleigh is very similar to the old 10 speed Record, looks identical.

What I like about my Raleigh Ti is that it captures the essence of the older classic bikes, but you get modern dual pivot brakes and 10 speed with modern Brifters, it really is the best of both worlds.

Top Bottom