Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've not updated this thread at all for 2 years........ my Herety with my old 28 hole Race (ex tubular) wheels rebuilt into CXP 33's last year (was on Ksyriums in the original pics)..... back to how it should be.......

DSCF2700.jpg

DSCF2694.jpg

Manonabike

Über Member
Beautiful bike!!!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Just been given this lovely Raleigh Richmond, needs a good clean, check over, etc. The frame is Reynolds 531, gear set up looks like a Suntour 6 speed. It's very nice and quite light too - perfect for Mrs 3BM. :laugh:

picture.php

BigEvo

Still needs some work. Had this frame since 1979. Re-newed bottom bracket, headset bearings, quill stem, handelbars, rim brakes, brake levers & cables. Its currently single speed, but thinking about putting the Shimano 600 gears back on.

http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/ad24/big-evo/Ron Kitching/?action=view&current=PIC_00283.jpg th_PIC_0037.jpg
http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/ad24/big-evo/Ron Kitching/?action=view&current=PIC_0037.jpg
http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/ad24/big-evo/Ron Kitching/?action=view&current=PIC_00283.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Classic there c2c.............:smile:

PpPete

Legendary Member
Pimp my Galaxy #2

It's been a while since I posted a pic of my Dawes Galaxy, and I realised the other day just how much it's evolved / improved since.

Here it is in full "audax" trim (right down to the pencil attached to the bar bag with a piece of elastic)

Galaxy2010.jpg

Here are the changes I've made from the 1987 standard bike:

Handbuilt wheels: Open Pro rims on 105 hubs
(I am so glad I learned how to build wheels - these have been perfect)
Rear Mech: Ultegra
Front Mech: 105
BB & Cranks: 105
Chainrings: TA 50/38/26 (yeah I know - what a wuss!)
Cassette: 12-30 (custom built from sprockets taken from a butchered 11-32 and a 11-34)
Rear brake: Suntour SE (Petersen design)
Saddle: Brooks Ti Swift
Handlebars: Nitto Randonneur
Shifters: Sora (thanks MacB !)
SKS Chromoplastics
Topeak Saddle bag & pump
Tesco Q/R Handlebar bag (why don't they do those any more?)
RAM GPS mount on Stem
Home made light brackets on low riser bosses.

OK so I've spent more on it in the last couple of years than the original bike cost....but it really suits me and the riding I do now. Depending on when I can afford my dream titanium frame (Yukon?), the drive train will be swopped straight across (or duplicated)....although I might upgrade the shifters before then.

OH yes - and a big thank you to all on CC forums from whom I've learned enough to do all this without recourse to LBS.

Goldie

Über Member
iAmiAdam said:
My recently acquired BSA Javelin. Don't know the specs on them as they're few and far between. Needs some new tyres unfortunately, but I will keep them.

It's rideable now!

Not bought from Sheffield off of the ebay was it? I had my eye on that! Frame was a bit too small for me but I thought it was a brilliant looking bike.

toekneep

After twenty five years and a couple of prangs I had to retire my faithful steel Holdsworth. I replaced with a Dave Yates steel audax/tourer and it is sublimely comfortable.

IMG_0009.jpg

Top Bottom