Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Well it is steel.

P9170084.jpg

This is a Marin MTB which I lent to someone a few years ago. Originally it was set up for touring and commuting with a rack and 'guards, which is why it has a Brooks saddle on it- which I'll switch for something else since using it with no guards isn't going to help.

It was in a bad way when I got it back, and it's not in a very good way now- but it is working. Yesterday it got new shifters, cables, a hub service, chain & cassette, new grips, headset adjustment. I took it out for a brisk 15 mile ride this morning, rides nice.

I'm going to use it for local trips, pulling the trailer and perhaps a short off-road tour next month (going to need to sort out the wheels and tyres if I do that).

phil120867

Über Member
STEEEEEEL

I just had to join in this one. Check out the white 531 Diamant fixie, and the fillet brazed 59 Claud butler. Steel is the future, I;m thinking the CB would make a good clunker can i get 27'' cross tyres?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
phil120867 said:
I just had to join in this one. Check out the white 531 Diamant fixie, and the fillet brazed 59 Claud butler. Steel is the future, I;m thinking the CB would make a good clunker can i get 27'' cross tyres?

That fixed is beautiful:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::thumbsup::?:

Greenbank

Über Member
This is steel:-

tempo7.jpg

It does the majority of my riding; both commuting and Audaxing (full SR series last year on it).

aravis.jpg

It does any Audaxes that are really hilly (i.e. 5000m+ climbing in 300km). That ghastly bar tape has been replaced by plain black tape.

colnago.jpg

It rarely gets taken out, especially now my "summer" bike is a lovely Wilier.

bonj2

Greenbank said:
plain black tape.

colnago.jpg

It rarely gets taken out, especially now my "summer" bike is a lovely Wilier.

what's going on with the shifters on that?;) it looks about a mile from the brake lever to the release lever!

nice fixed though. i might get some tri bars like those for mine.

MichaelM

Guru
2009_0419bikeandbed0025.jpg

It's great to ride, especially in bad conditions.

Greenbank

Über Member
bonj said:
what's going on with the shifters on that?:blush: it looks about a mile from the brake lever to the release lever!

I probably had the front wheel off so I'd slackened off the cable using the quick release thingy that Campag ergos have. *checks campag tech docs* the "Brake Lever Release Button".

bonj said:
nice fixed though. i might get some tri bars like those for mine.

Profile T2-Aero Wing bullhorns with Profile Century Aero ZB tri-bars. Makes wrestling with the bars when grimping up hills much comfier and easier, and I was just never using the drops so that was just wasted metal.

Tharg2007

Veteran
Here is my latest steel offering:
Raleigh R700 frame, Fulcrum Racing 7s, Mizuno full carbon forks, Chris King Headset, Ultegra 6500 groupset.
853 Steel, it's real! ;)
3878529643_2d4ca3f4e3_b.jpg

Needs some adjusting to my person as its only just been put together. Can't wait

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Tharg2007 said:
Here is my latest steel offering:
Raleigh R700 frame, Fulcrum Racing 7s, Mizuno full carbon forks, Chris King Headset, Ultegra 6500 groupset.
853 Steel, it's real! ;)

(picture above)

Needs some adjusting to my person as its only just been put together. Can't wait
Very nice!

I couldn't believe that it was steel with that oversized down tube (though I can see the 853 sticker on the seat tube) so I did a search for more info and I found this. That wouldn't be the one that you bought would it? It looks identical.

Tharg2007

Veteran
ColinJ said:
Very nice!

I couldn't believe that it was steel with that oversized down tube (though I can see the 853 sticker on the seat tube) so I did a search for more info and I found this. That wouldn't be the one that you bought would it? It looks identical.

Its not the one I bought, mine is slightly smaller (see head tube) and was used. I got a bargain from ebay, frame forks and king headset for less than £100 poted. I think cos its a raleigh peple assume its crap.;)

Top Bottom