Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

I suppose I should put him here. Gino, my recently refurbished steel Bianchi tourer/audax/everyday bike: my workhorse.

Ginorefurbished160209.jpg

wafflycat said:
I suppose I should put him here. Gino, my recently refurbished steel Bianchi tourer/audax/everyday bike: my workhorse.

Ginorefurbished160209.jpg

Waffly it looks like it's been nicked :bicycle::ohmy: or is it just my pc at work?

ravi

thanks

thanks man, even though it aint a clean pic. even i aint no pro cyclist i just commute to my college with it.

MacBludgeon said:
Up til now I've thought white bikes were a bit naff, that's seriously cool, when I'm a proper cyclist I'd like something like that:bravo:

Domestique

Über Member
I have posted this bike on this thread already, but I have now finally winterized it. I know thw worst of the weather is hopefully behind us, but its better than getting wet :smile:
3292790164_1725868231.jpg

3292784218_38a893b344.jpg

ShannonBall

Über Member
My steel

My 7-speed, Campag-equipped 1990s Pug racer
and 'Tweed-tastic' Surly Steamroller, set up with drop bars, 48:18 gearing, Cane Creek brake levers and Yanco pad

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Heres the track bike im borrowing:becool:
It still needs a good clean, but here it is.
When i just got it:
P1010033.jpg

After ive put some tape on it:
P1010036.jpg

Saturday will be the day of cleaning it and getting it nice and shiny:thumbsup:

Fine then, work :biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
53/17 on one side and a 16t on the other side.
Im doing track cycling for PE, and using a local track(Forest town) and due to its strange shape, you cant really go much bigger(its got 4 courner and 4 straights and theres not much banking)

zzpza

I know I've posted this bike before, but it's finished now! (Well, guards haven't arrived yet, but anyway...)

3320204964_86f387cd68_o.jpg

And this is what it used to look like...

3188264264_e788471a98.jpg

3187422587_9c377d8f82.jpg

It's turned out nicer and surprisingly lighter (for a gas pipe special) than I was expecting. I haven't weighed it since installing the crankset and chain, but before that it was 7.1kg. Not bad for a Halfrauds Apollo!

I don't think the purists would like it though... I've mixed Campagnolo and Shimano quite a bit! :blush::evil:B)

More pix of the build-up in my Flickr Photostream (link below).

harryburgundy

My Kish SSer

Just built this up....so happy with it I'm posting it everywhere :tongue:
2008 Jim Kish SSWC....650B frame but I'm running 26ers.
853 main tubes with Columbus rear triangle.
Igleheart forks...Paragon Stainless sliders
Ebaystuff610.jpg

Ebaystuff631.jpg

Ebaystuff578.jpg

Ebaystuff565-1.jpg

Just got hold of this bit o'steel to run as a commuter bike:

DSC00062.jpg

I've had to replace the rear tyre and tube plus chain and cassette. The previous owner had already replaced the front tyre and tube, put on a new Brooks B17 and re-cabled the brakes. Perhaps not the prettiest bike but functional looking and unlikely to be the target of any chav scum looking to nick a bike!

Top Bottom