Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cooperman

Anyone out there keen on steel .......

Here is a Ron Cooper hand built frame (sadky with incorrect decals...)

To kick off with .......send in your photos and thoughts on steel is real

Tynan

Veteran
very smart, I certinaly like my Fratello after various Alu rides

you might not like mine though, guards, rack, sundry lights etc etc

Globalti

Legendary Member
Now that is a luvverly looking bike. The decals look perfect though, what's wrong with them? I love that strawberry and custard yellow colour scheme. How does it ride? When was it built?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Here'a an old steel Basso converted to a single-speed bike. I keep it in the midlands for riding around the undulating lanes north of Coventry on my frequent trips back there. I scrounged the frame. forks and wheels off a mate who has emigrated (on condition that he can have them back if he ever comes home). Most of the other bits came from my junk box. It only cost me £25 for cables, bar tape and tubes :tongue:!

ss4.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Joe - isn't your chain a bit slack? I found that the chain on my s/s kept coming off unless I kept it really tight. I'd dread that happening if I was bombing along on a fixed wheel bike :rolleyes:!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
ColinJ said:
Joe - isn't your chain a bit slack? I found that the chain on my s/s kept coming off unless I kept it really tight. I'd dread that happening if I was bombing along on a fixed wheel bike :wacko:!

Its been slacker:eek:
I have a non-round chainring, which is a bitch. Its bad aswell, but it hasnt come off yet, i think its been close when i let it go really slack once, but no real problems with it like that. Working pretty well at the moment

Nick G

I have 3 bikes, all steel. This is the one I use the most - I love it. It's also the oldest by a long way; c.1980. I'm thinking of treating it to some flashy bar tape or maybe even a respray, but I also want to preserve it so I'm torn. I'll probably remove the rear brake some time as I don't use it.

KIF_1475.jpg

Top Bottom