Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Jamis in Reynolds 631. Only 525 miles, I'm still trying to get the fit right.
Also, my old faithful a 1981 Peugeot converted to s/s. A little bit heavy and flexy, but oh so comfy.

Lonerider

Ive never ridden a steel bike, a coleague from work swears by them, in fixed gear form. He has breath that would tranquilize a herd of buffalo from a hundred yards and riding in his slipstream his calf muscles resemble gerbles fighting in a bag. He likes the classic look and can clearly accept the vigours of his tranditionalism, hat of to him and those like him. It's not for me though, oh no.

rdaviesb

Good 'ol 531

DSC00076.JPG

DSC00056.JPG

bikingthings

pinarello columbus sl amazing steel with c group extravagant

the c group from campy is so extravagant, it is like a work of art, more than a race proof component.
amazing ride

PpPete

Legendary Member
Here's mine
Blue 1980's Galaxy

OK - that's only the back end, but you get the idea... ( I'm trying to sell the Rode Gear kiddie seat that fits on that rack)

And then there is the red Schwinn, that I use as a day to day hack

And the brown 1970s Galaxy (Ebay special) that I've just finished rebuilding for my son for his (planned) LEJOG.

rjeffroy

My other steel roadie:

2938009565_39619c8cfd.jpg

Eddy Merckx MX Leader. Bought the frame from a friend for my first bike build project. Parts are mostly Campag and Nitto (plus the Brookes saddle) for a slightly retro feel (should have gone the whole hog and fitted a quill stem but at the time I felt my mechanical skills weren't up to it). I probably don't ride it enough to justify keeping it but I can't bring myself to sell it.

Top Bottom