Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garz

Squat Member
Yes they can. But then they just look like another road bike.. with the silver (brushed or polished) if you know your bikes then you can tell it's a Ti frame. Each to their own on taste however.

P.H

Über Member
I haven't tested for toe overlap, in fact I've never tested for it on any of my bikes and I've never caught a toe on
Head Tube - Angle 72.5, length 200mm and standard external headset as well, there's 8mm from top of HT to top of TT and 10mm from bottom of HT to bottom of DT
Top Tube - 547.5mm actual and 570mm virtual with a 10.6 degree slope
Seat Tube - Angle 72.5, length 566mm CtoT and 530mm CtoC, this gives me about 160mm of seatpost to saddle rails, but still dialling in position, am working on my fitness so doing the miles on the Vaya at present. Centre of BB to top of saddle along the line of the ST is about 795mm.
Chainstay - 435mm and clearance for tyres up to 700x44
Forks - trail is about 61 degrees, aim was for somewhere between road and touring for steering responsiveness

That all looks good to me MacB :thumbsup:

Thanks for such a comprehensive reply, now get out and ride :whistle:

john59

Guru
Van Nichols Euros.

Van-Nicholas-Euros.jpg

John

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I got my other bike back yesterday.
Enigma "reworked" the frame.
It's now much more attractive (IMO) and it still rides brilliantly:-

5815958141_299812480a_b.jpg
DSC_0105 by Chocolatebike1, on Flickr

5816528410_50b6027913_b.jpg
11-06-09 Disc-braked Enigma road bike LHS by Chocolatebike1, on Flickr

I still need to fiddle with the saddle position and I'll trim the steerer when I'm happy with everything else.
I should also try to find a more inspiring back-drop.

The bike currently had quite a high Legg rating; no guards, no rack and no bag.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Does look a lot better Andrew, you should post up before and after so that people have a point of reference.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Looks like a very upright geometry there andrew.

Yes, I don't seem to be able to do HDAU and see where I'm going.
Since the picture was taken, I've levelled the saddle and moved it back although I may tilt it up again after yesterday's 42 miles in 6.5 hours epic...................................

Does look a lot better Andrew, you should post up before and after so that people have a point of reference.

Good idea Mac.
Before:-

5468149085_8e7aa95110_b.jpg
DSC_0082 (2) by Chocolatebike1, on Flickr

After:-

5815958141_299812480a_b.jpg
11-06-09 Disc braked Enigma road bike RHS by Chocolatebike1, on Flickr

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
so is the main change a shallowing of the HT angle? it's funny because the tubes etc don't really look any different but the end result is markedly different. Do you have the detail re before and after, angles, what's changed, etc? Just being nosy really, certainly the later pic is far more similar to my Burls:-

http://www.cyclechat.net/gallery/image/870-img-6484jpg/

Though I need to take a more up to date pic after tweaking position etc.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
The main change is that the head-tube is 2cm shorter and they took 5mm off the seat tube.
It still doesn't look exactly as I wanted it to but ICBA to pursue it any further (and I'm pretty sure that Enigma would tell me to take a hike).

At some stage, I'll get a better looking fork and cascade that one onto the tourer or the MTB. I can't fault the way the fork rides though.

Top Bottom