Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Got a bit impatient and chucked some old pedals on it and took it for literally a spin around the block - very smooth feeling - nice. Shame the saddle tilted backwards mid ride and it started raining to go with the wind! Will properly fix mudguards tomorrow and switch saddle to a trusted one that's comfy. Ride report will come later this weekend. Will see how long the stock tyres last - it will easily take 40mm gravel or 42-45mm slicks the 32 it came with felt pretty comfy though.
Had a couple of minor issues with this - namely a slightly out of true front disc rotor and a troublesome bolt the the chainstay bridge. Both pretty much now overcome after some back and forth with PX who I have to say were not exactly fantastic in terms of post sales support. Anyway after 3 hours messing with mudguard installation and brakes last saturday, I finally did a lunchtime test ride earlier in the week and it felt very smooth and comfy as I expected. Here she blows...

LR-Ti.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Looks lovely that.

Gunk

Guru
Looks lovely that.

I was going to say exactly the same, it just looks right. I don’t understand why Ti frames are still a bit niche, I love them, my next project is to rebuild my 2007 S Works carbon MTB into a Ti hard tail frame

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Then there's the Ventus SE picked up cheap on clearance direct from Van Nicholas which is set up as the main commuter. Slightly harsher ride than the other one due to the more robust wheel & tyre combination and slower due to the added weight of all the other bits.
Lovely Ti collection there :okay: The Ventus SE was my introduction to Ti, I got a C2W voucher but didn't really know what I wanted, then saw the Ventus with 105 for £1400m it would have been rude not to :laugh:
I've just got some 50mm carbon wheels for it, so once it's all set up I'll post a pic on here. Still puts a smile on my face when I ride it after 5 or 6 years of ownership👍

Soltydog

Legendary Member
As promised, the Ventus with it's new wheels fitted :becool:
full.jpg

Been for a quick spin this afternoon after work. Smooth as silk & fast as feck (if only I was :laugh:)👍 But I've still got an annoying creak :blush:, the old wheels were creaking, but obvs I've changed them, Changed BB, regreased jockey wheels & the creak is still there. I've a spare set of pedals, so I'll change them over & keep my fingers crossed🤞

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
As promised, the Ventus with it's new wheels fitted :becool:
View attachment 617171

Been for a quick spin this afternoon after work. Smooth as silk & fast as feck (if only I was :laugh:)👍 But I've still got an annoying creak :blush:, the old wheels were creaking, but obvs I've changed them, Changed BB, regreased jockey wheels & the creak is still there. I've a spare set of pedals, so I'll change them over & keep my fingers crossed🤞
Remove cleats from shoes, grease and refit…….it may stop your issues

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I've recently changed the cleats & they dont creak on any other bike, but I'll give it a try, I'm getting desperate :laugh:
Seat post?

Milzy

Guru
I’ve got carbon paste on my Ti Seat post into Ti frame. I need the clamp quite tight to stop slip. Wouldn’t normal grease be better?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I’ve got carbon paste on my Ti Seat post into Ti frame. I need the clamp quite tight to stop slip. Wouldn’t normal grease be better?
Lithium grease may be slightly better, but "something" is better than dry and it sticking.

Venod

Eh up
I've a spare set of pedals, so I'll change them over & keep my fingers crossed🤞

I had an annoying intermittent creak on my carbon Synapse, its BB30 bottom bracket so my immediate thoughts were it was that, but it turned out it was the pedal that somehow had developed a bit of end float, I greased and adjusted it and the creak has gone, took a while for me to find it, I had removed and replaced BB bearings before that.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I had a creak that I finally narrowed down my seat post clamp, it would go if I lithium greased the saddle rails, but returned after a ride or two. I took it as sign to upgrade the stock alu seatpost to carbon.

Top Bottom