Show us your Updated Commuter Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ciar

Veteran
it's currently the odd shaped one, but soon to be the Cannondale one :smile: i have done the road bike thing and it just doesn't sit well with my style of riding. Will keep the GT and use it for other riding as it's a lovely bike, i really fancy doing the London to Brighton road again and off road, as well as the dunwich dynamo.

GT-2017-Grade-Alloy-105-2T.jpg
cannondale-bad-boy-3-2017-hybrid-bike-black-EV280375-8500-1.jpg

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Boardman back on leasure ride duties after a bit of well earned maintenance and the tank Heinz 57 is ready for the daily commute to Bolton and back
C4A87FBA-BB8E-4524-A065-F2349EEF5F54.jpeg
B961A8E3-6A32-433F-A9AD-4A2147985D35.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I had a set of those wheels. Keep your eye on the rear - mine cracked along the eyelets. My own fault - did not read the max weight rating.

I still have the front though
They are only for commuting on.....no mad mtb'ing

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
They are only for commuting on.....no mad mtb'ing

Yes, but the annoying thing was - that's all I used them for too - but it still cracked (very badly) two months past the warranty :angry:

I still have the front wheel though and that is fine

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Yes, but the annoying thing was - that's all I used them for too - but it still cracked (very badly) two months past the warranty :angry:

I still have the front wheel though and that is fine
isnt the weight limit something like 120kgs??

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
isnt the weight limit something like 120kgs??

That's what I thought

But looking at the tech manuals - "Recommended maximum weight of the cyclist and equipment: 100 kg." :eek:

As I am 95kg naked to start with, I must have been over the limit, most winter commutes

OP
OP
J

jowwy

That's what I thought

But looking at the tech manuals - "Recommended maximum weight of the cyclist and equipment: 100 kg." :eek:

As I am 95kg naked to start with, I must have been over the limit, most winter commutes
I got them pretty cheaply so will see how they go......im on the limit at 120 with bike and weight

5BA6BFDF-3408-4496-B5B1-0BCC98A191DD.jpeg

2016 CAADX 105
Rotor BB30 Converter with 170mm Compact 105 Chainset
Self-built wheel on Pacenti SL25 (rear) and Forza Asymetric (front) rims with SON28 dynamo hub. Shod with Michelin Pro4 Endurance tyres through the non-winter months.
Selle Anatomica saddle
SKS Chromoplastic mudguards (set a little high so they accommodate my 35c Marathon Plus tyres through the winter months
120mm stem

I’ve done about 15,000 miles on this over the last couple of years, mainly commuting but with a LEJOG last year. I think it’s setup is about perfect for me now as I find it incredibly comfortable and I don’t think I’ll ever part with it.

Graham

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
First commute without a coat today, super pleased that it is staying above freezing for the ride home tonight!

20180422_111219.jpg

I know she's not as impressive as most of the daily drivers on here, but this is my ride getting ready to be locked up for the day. Sylvia is a Trek 7100 Multitrack with nice long Planet Bike Cascadia fenders/mudguards for rainy days and Axiom oceanweave panniers (made from recycled discarded fishing nets!) to haul my workwear and pick up groceries on my way home. Little Trek saddlebag came with the bike and holds my multitool, pliers, and tubes for easy finding. Also just got a coffee cup holder last week and it is a joy to now take my coffee with me! And yes, allllll the reflective tape because my commute home is always at night.

Last edited:
Top Bottom