Show us your watch Collection.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
You might be interested in the story of your Reverso @EltonFrog . Turns 90 this year and is still the smallest automatic movement in production.
https://revolutionwatch.com/jaeger-lecoultre-reverso-the-story-of-an-icon/

Thanks for that, interesting read.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
You might be interested in the story of your Reverso @EltonFrog . Turns 90 this year and is still the smallest automatic movement in production.
https://revolutionwatch.com/jaeger-lecoultre-reverso-the-story-of-an-icon/

Mrs Dr B has a Reverso and very nice it is. She’s got very small hands but the single-faced small doesn‘t look outsized. I was in the JLC shop in Bond St in November getting her a proper (read eye watering) replacement strap. It was quiet and the sales guy let me try on a couple of watches, including a duo-faced large Reverso. TBH it was a bit of a slab - I actually preferred the Master Ultrathin.

A Moonswatch! Tell me you didn’t queue up?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Mrs Dr B has a Reverso and very nice it is. She’s got very small hands but the single-faced small doesn‘t look outsized. I was in the JLC shop in Bond St in November getting her a proper (read eye watering) replacement strap. It was quiet and the sales guy let me try on a couple of watches, including a duo-faced large Reverso. TBH it was a bit of a slab - I actually preferred the Master Ultrathin.

A Moonswatch! Tell me you didn’t queue up?

I replaced the strap on my JLC this month, but I bought a quality non JLC, just couldn’t see the value in £350 for a bit of leather.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I replaced the strap on my JLC this month, but I bought a quality non JLC, just couldn’t see the value in £350 for a bit of leather.

Yeah, they take the p…. mick with strap pricing but I couldn’t be ar….. bothered to do the research to find a strap that was decent enough to do justice to the watch. Aftermarket straps can range from good value to a bit sh…. rubbish and sometimes it’s difficult to tell. Plus it gave me an excuse to window-shop 😏.

I have a custom leather strap for my Moser by a company called Equus, which is handmade, lovely and cost less than the JLC strap, but it took over 6 months to get done!

A replacement strap for my JLC Reverso Grande Taille would set me back £220 for ostrich leather or £315 for alligator leather. Neither of those seems excessive for a quality OEM strap.

mustang1

Guru
Yeah, they take the p…. mick with strap pricing but I couldn’t be ar….. bothered to do the research to find a strap that was decent enough to do justice to the watch. Aftermarket straps can range from good value to a bit sh…. rubbish and sometimes it’s difficult to tell. Plus it gave me an excuse to window-shop 😏.

I have a custom leather strap for my Moser by a company called Equus, which is handmade, lovely and cost less than the JLC strap, but it took over 6 months to get done!

I've felt the leather on Equus straps and they are indeed very nice. Didn't know it was a 6 month lead time though! Luckily I'm very much not in the market for that.

Barton. Amazon. Rubber. 😁

Ps. I thought for the cost of an Equus, might as well spend a bit more and get the Moser strap, no?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I've felt the leather on Equus straps and they are indeed very nice. Didn't know it was a 6 month lead time though! Luckily I'm very much not in the market for that.

Barton. Amazon. Rubber. 😁

Ps. I thought for the cost of an Equus, might as well spend a bit more and get the Moser strap, no?

Occasionally I just give my wrist a sniff. If you read the blurb on the Equus site they do warn of longer-than-you’d-expect lead times and in my case they went a fair way beyond that. I was close to sending a grumpy email when it just turned up, and very nice it is.

My Moser is “the cheap one”, a pioneer centre seconds with a red fume dial. The Pioneer is an odd one. In theory it’s a sports watch and mine came with a very good rubber strap. Other dial colours and iterations sell with a fabric strap, but I haven’t seen Moser put out a version with a leather strap. I’m sure they’d sell you one from another range, but TBH I’m underwhelmed by many of the options.

If you look past the size and thickness, the Pioneer really looks much dressier than a typical sports watch. I reckoned that a leather strap would fancy it up enough to work with a suit or whatever, a bit like those Gucci trackie bottoms that you can wear to an awards ceremony. I think it really works, but I would say that. Piccy with Equus strap…

969C005F-8F7C-4A97-A164-635F2C0AECCA.jpeg

As for buying another strap from Moser, I’ve been significantly ripped off twice for (not watch related) customs charges by couriers since Brexit so I’m afraid any future purchase would require a trip to Switzerland and some low-level smuggling.

Occasionally I just give my wrist a sniff. If you read the blurb on the Equus site they do warn of longer-than-you’d-expect lead times and in my case they went a fair way beyond that. I was close to sending a grumpy email when it just turned up, and very nice it is.

My Moser is “the cheap one”, a pioneer centre seconds with a red fume dial. The Pioneer is an odd one. In theory it’s a sports watch and mine came with a very good rubber strap. Other dial colours and iterations sell with a fabric strap, but I haven’t seen Moser put out a version with a leather strap. I’m sure they’d sell you one from another range, but TBH I’m underwhelmed by many of the options.

If you look past the size and thickness, the Pioneer really looks much dressier than a typical sports watch. I reckoned that a leather strap would fancy it up enough to work with a suit or whatever, a bit like those Gucci trackie bottoms that you can wear to an awards ceremony. I think it really works, but I would say that. Piccy with Equus strap…

View attachment 676338

As for buying another strap from Moser, I’ve been significantly ripped off twice for (not watch related) customs charges by couriers since Brexit so I’m afraid any future purchase would require a trip to Switzerland and some low-level smuggling.

Now I *really* like that...

Sometimes simple and elegant really *is* better.

Top Bottom