Show us your watch Collection.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I won this on Sunday in a free prize draw on another forum. I'm rather taken by it though it isn't really the type of watch I would choose. It is quite a substantial.

Gigandet.jpg

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It's a Rolex Sub copy @EltonFrog . Looks nice. I wouldn't trust that water resistance rating though. ;)
Congratulations you just saved yourself £12000

1674132121962.png

Last edited:
I’ve been tempted for a while to buy a Rolex Submariner. It was a name I grew up with. It seems that they are incredibly hard to get new, so much so, Rolex have place non-functional display pieces in their authorised dealers. I popped in last month and really didn’t like the look and feel of the latest models. I was fortunate to bump into a sales rep sporting a previous generation one and re liked it.

Long story, short, this arrived today as a welcome addition to my collection.

93854B24-A8CF-4228-AEF6-39D43F7C1E0A.jpeg

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I’ve been tempted for a while to buy a Rolex Submariner. It was a name I grew up with. It seems that they are incredibly hard to get new, so much so, Rolex have place non-functional display pieces in their authorised dealers. I popped in last month and really didn’t like the look and feel of the latest models. I was fortunate to bump into a sales rep sporting a previous generation one and re liked it.

View attachment 675907

Nice watch but I can't stand those cyclops magnifying lenses.

I bought a new GMT Master some years ago and had the Rolex dealer knock it off (their term) and it looked much nicer and there was no trace of it having been there.

Not a a totally unusual request according to them.

Nice watch but I can't stand those cyclops magnifying lenses.

I bought a new GMT Master some years ago and had the Rolex dealer knock it off (their term) and it looked much nicer and there was no trace of it having been there.

Not a a totally unusual request according to them.

I previously wasn’t a fan of the cyclops but, with age related presbyopia I’m now quite thankful for it.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Agree with you about the Cyclops @SpokeyDokey You can remove from any watch with heat.
I personally would never buy a Rolex, not because I can't afford it but because they don't represent the quality they once did. Plus they just seem to have been taken up by chavs who just view them as a status symbol.
There's a Rolex guy who has a channel on YouTube with lots of tattoos and neon teeth veneers which sealed it for me.
The homages are just so good now that it really makes it difficult to justify the purchase of the genuine article and then have a gang of Romanians or whoever try to take it off you.

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Agree with you about the Cyclops @SpokeyDokey You can remove from any watch with heat.
I personally would never buy a Rolex, not because I can't afford it but because they don't represent the quality they once did. Plus they just seem to have been taken up by chavs who just view them as a status symbol.
There's a Rolex guy who has a channel on YouTube with lots of tattoos and neon teeth veneers which sealed it for me.
The homages are just so good now that it really makes it difficult to justify the purchase of the genuine article and then have a gang of Romanians or whoever try to take it off you.

Don’t beat about the bush, tell us what you really think.

Kingfisher101

Über Member

You can get a nice homage for £100-£300 and I dont like mercedes hands either. I'd get an Omega over a Rolex anyday if I was wanting a luxury watch. Steinhart do some very good quality Rolex homages if that's what a person is after.
San Martin do as well and even cheaper.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD

View attachment 675907

Your lovely time-piece didn’t get much love did it 😳 Good for you I say - it’s absolutely gorgeous. And represents all a watch should be. Simple but bold. Classy but understated. All in one package. Kudos.

I’ve fairly recently sold a Rolex. And bought the dream watch that i’d imagined owning for quite some years. I had debated about picturing here. But some of the responses yours received have sold me on most definitely not now. Maybe I’m just being sensitive. Either way……🤦‍♂️

You can get a nice homage for £100-£300 and I dont like mercedes hands either. I'd get an Omega over a Rolex anyday if I was wanting a luxury watch. Steinhart do some very good quality Rolex homages if that's what a person is after.
San Martin do as well and even cheaper.

It seems I have stirred up a hornets nest by posting about a Rolex. Homages wouldn’t exist without the original though.

I bought a Steinhart a number of years ago. It’s a nice watch and good value for money for what it is but is in a different league.

Top Bottom