Show us your watch Collection.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's rather nice DC. Amazing price for a mechanical watch.i think it may look good on a brown leather strap.
The finish of the components is rougher than you'd expect from a branded watch, but it works well. Really don't like leather straps. Usually use expanding metal straps, but this is a bit large for those. Fitted the nato strap, looks ok, pics later. Check out the AliExpress pages for Winner watches, there's loads, all under 30 squids.

Not bad, methinks. Comfy, too.
20230106_152259.jpg

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The finish of the components is rougher than you'd expect from a branded watch, but it works well. Really don't like leather straps. Usually use expanding metal straps, but this is a bit large for those. Fitted the nato strap, looks ok, pics later. Check out the AliExpress pages for Winner watches, there's loads, all under 30 squids.
Can't wear leather down here due to sweating so it's either rubber, bracelet or NATO.
What Seiko is that? It's not a SKX is it. Seen a bit of action by the looks.
I'm very tempted to buy the Chinese Sharkey SKX, already got a 'Captain Willard' SD 1970, it's excellent.
Can't beat Seiko but they're so expensive now and the last one I bought, a baby ice monster, nothing lined up.

Last edited:
Ebay prices on mechanical Seikos seem to have taken a real hike recently. Even for fairly modest watches. Anything that's funky or looks remotely like a diver, it's a real bun fight.

The £15 I paid for my TV-dial 2206 last spring is looking like increasingly good value.

Don't just talk about it @Reynard show us a pic.

it's this one:

img_0279_small-jpg.jpg

Which I posted about back in May... :laugh: According to what I wrote in the original post, it was £12.50 plus p&p, which does bring it to roughly the £15 mark. Wore it for most of the summer, only fault is that my eyes are too screwy to read the day / date without putting my glasses on... :blush:

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That 1970s style is undergoing a bit of a revial among the micro brands:

View: https://youtu.be/FmtQJIjNptw

it's this one:

View attachment 673604

Which I posted about back in May... :laugh: According to what I wrote in the original post, it was £12.50 plus p&p, which does bring it to roughly the £15 mark. Wore it for most of the summer, only fault is that my eyes are too screwy to read the day / date without putting my glasses on... :blush:
My wife has a 4205-014B lady diver, which is great, is auto plus hand-wind, but desperately needs a magnifier blob over the date because it's *weeny*. So I know that some Seikos are a problem for those with less than gimlet eyesight.
@Cycleops it's a 6309-7290, an ancestor of the SKX007. I bought it new in Saudi in early 1988, it has an '87 manufacture date, and yes, it has had a long, hard, bombproof life. I didn't buy it for its diver qualities, more that such watches are tough.
Given the high prices, I might just offload it soon, as I have too many watches. The equivalent (!) Winner watch on AliExpress is £18...

A quick gander for Seiko 6309-7290 shows that my running example might well be worth upwards of £150. Not bad, I paid just shy of £50 new in 1988. With the years of use, a couple of services, etc, I'd say that's a good reason to sell.

That 1970s style is undergoing a bit of a revial among the micro brands:

View: https://youtu.be/FmtQJIjNptw

Well that would likely explain some of the hike in prices if there's something of a trend going on.

Some 70s watches are rather far out / odd ducks, but others are actually rather attractive. Have had some nice comments about the 2206 from friends who think I'm funning them when I say that it's as old as me.

Top Bottom