Show us your watch Collection.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Not sure if it's identical, but very similar.

There's a similar thread in the Photo Gallery forum.
Here's mine:

Seiko 6602-7040 hand-winders x2, both 1969, black one from new, other from Ebay. Odd one out: Swatch SULM103 Winter Race (with altimeter!).
Seiko 6309-7290 automatic Diver, 1987, from new. Seiko 5M63-0A50 Kinetic, new 2004. Seiko 6309 which I suspect is a 'bitsa', less than 20 quid off ebay.
The diver and the kinetic are worn most. The Kinetic will soon be overhauled and sold - they die if they are not your main watch, the capacitor or cell degenerates if not used.

johnnyb47

Guru
I have a few watches but relatively inexpensive. I have a Huawei GT smart watch that's great for tracking running ect and has a impressive battery life between charges. Its good to see and use when it's dark as the screen is really bright. The down side is that it has no (best way to explain) personality. The screen is a very flat 2 dimensional feel to it with no character to it what so ever.
The other watch i have is a IK colouring automatic skeleton watch. It was a very cheap watch from amazon and have been very impressed by its accuracy and quality due to its low price. Looking at the internals working away whilst powered by the movement of my arm fascinates me,
The only problem nowadays is that i need my glasses to appreciate it due to my failing eye sight. The hands are very difficult to read so this watch gets rarely used.
My favourite watch though is my cheap Casio tough solar watch. £34 from argos, its an analogue/digital display with a clear readable screen. When i got it the battery indicator was showing medium but after wearing it for 20 minutes it changed to high and has stayed there since without it losing a second. As its cheap it only has a poly carbonate face instead of a crystal one that more expensive models have, but these do have an advantage. It you scratch the poly screen a little toothpaste soon gets rid of them leaving the face crystal clear again. I use this watch as my everyday watch, and never tire of looking at it and it's amazing ability to keep going from the power of the Sunshine

Last edited:

johnnyb47

Guru
Oh forgot to mention that i do have another another watch, (a pocket watch really) but it's quite interesting. It was my grandads watch and is called a tramway watch.
It's got Cairo printed on the face and can only assume it was made there.
Inside the back case it has the inscription
GRAND PRIX
Berne 1914 - Barcelone
Menbtre Du Jury
Mikan 1906
HORS CONCOURS

He had this though out the 2 world war and he scribed minute dates and times on the back of the case. He must of had good eyesight as i can only read them with a magnifying glass!
It still works to this day 😀

Drago

Legendary Member
Ive adopted the Devil Diver as my daily wear. I quite fancy a Lunar Pilot to go with it - I know the Omega was the first watch used in space (that we know of), but it also has the dubious honour if being the first watch to break while in space, and its place was taken by by the Lunar Pilot, which had been especially adapted for lunar conditions by Bulova engineers, haf bigger buttons for ease of use with spacesuot gloves, etc.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Aaarghhh, watches are very much my guilty pleasure. Before being a failed tech bro I was a failed physicist who had occasional run ins with the general theory of relativity, so I’ve always found time a fascinating subject. Given my time again (geddit) I would have considered becoming a watchmaker.

Enough of the preamble, here‘s my favourites….
88F54672-10EF-4D7F-9C70-7848799AD852.jpeg

Left to right…

Mrs Dr B’s JLC manual wind reverso. Very very classic

Early 2000s Rado Diastar. Very unfashionable right now but it was my first ’serious’ watch and I still love it. It’s quartz so quite thin and works really well with a suit and white shirt.

Omega Aqua Terra. My do-everything watch. Works with everything from a t-shirt to a suit. This is my tip of the hat to George Daniels, inventor of the coaxial movement used in most modern Omega watches. His book is worth the price if you’re into the mechanics of watches.

H Moser Pioneer. 😋 I was lucky enough to save some money over the lockdown period so had a blowout on this. Moser are an independent Swiss manufacturer who have been making a name for themselves since a post quartz crisis resurrection around 2002 and a change of ownership in 2012. They definitely plough their own marketing furrow and occasionally indulge in some very Swiss trolling of the opposition - look up their cheese watch for one of their better ’campaigning’ efforts. As for my example, I’m not sure how to describe it - a sports watch that looks like a dress watch is probably the closest. Photos don’t do justice to either the dial or the movement.

Not shown - I bought Bolletta a second hand 1990s Cartier Santos a few years ago. I have a soft spot for Cartiers but don’t have one for myself yet. Their new solarbeat tank has me thinking though….

I also have a Casio GShock GM2100. Everyone should have a GShock and anyone who sneers at them is a fool. For a 6 foot chap I have quite thin wrists so this medium-sized edition works well on me. The full-bore GShocks just look like I’m carrying a tag.

Yeah, I like watches.

JhnBssll

Veteran
My main two watches are a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 Titanium (left) and a Galaxy Watch 4 Classic (Right)

The Titanium Watch 3 is apparently virtually indestructable; I've worn it throughout the building work and it's still working perfectly despite being battered and regularly covered in mortar/concrete/tile adhesive etc. At one point I was in a hurry and clattered it against a concrete post - it took a chunk out of the concrete and bruised my wrist yet I couldn't find a mark on the watch :laugh:

The Watch 4 is newer to the fold and isn't worn as regularly, I'm still making my mind up as it has a few software quirks and I don't like the rubber strap. If they release a Titanium version of the 4 I will be chopping one of these two in for sure but they're limited edition and generally not released for a year or so after the standard version, so I potentially have 10 months or more to wait :laugh: I'm sure after a few updates and once I find a nice metal strap I'll be pleased with it and use it more often 😊

I've got a Citizen Eco Drive titanium somewhere too but I can't find it currently... It looks just like this though...

It's also a lovely watch, solar powered so it's probably stopped now wherever it is :laugh: It's been a few years since I last saw it actually, I hope it hasn't been disappeared :ohmy::laugh:

JhnBssll

Veteran
After posting the last message I decided to have another quick look online for metal bracelets for the Watch 4 and quickly found a company had started making them 😊 It was relatively cheap, much less than the original Samsung straps, so figured it was worth a shout! It arrived this morning and I'm really pleased with it :okay:

The fit is perfect and it's transformed the look of the watch :becool: When I put it on for the first time I got a little notification saying there was a software update available too so you never know, it might be the watch of choice in the near future :laugh:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Today my mini collection has grown by 2!

Unfortunately my FIL died about 2 months ago of covid complications. Mrs Dr B and her sisters have been clearing out the house. He was a bit of a hoarder. Digging about in one of the cupboards they came across these two….

The first is a Seiko 7006 automatic from I’m guessing the early 70s. Mrs Dr B has no memory of it although it’s clearly been worn for a reasonable period judging by the wear on the lugs. apart from that and some light scratches on the crystal it’s in good condition. It’s very much of its time but weirdly it really suits me in a retro stylee, especially the smaller size and cushion case. Even more surprising is that it still runs even though it’s probably spent 40 years+ in a drawer. The date can be set but the day indicator can’t and the movement is likely to be dry. The bracelet is a horror. It’s not worth much but I‘m willing to splash a few quid to have it serviced and maybe wear it occasionally in memory of my FIL.

The second is a real mystery. My FIL worked for a company that provided stationery and clerical services for law firms in and around the City (eventually taken over by by Robert Maxwell, so no pension for FIL 😞) . I can only guess he got this as swag from one of the clients and appears to be completely unused - it’s even got the instruction leaflet in the box. It’s either a swatch or from a company that was about to be sued by swatch, claims to be Swiss made and most bizarrely has a unidirectional rotating bezel. The leaflet gives a clue about the initials on the dial, which stand for Credit Suisse Financial Products. Check out the quarter hour markers, with yen, dollar, S&P (Standard & Poors?) and WTI, which I believe stands for West Texas Intermediate, a traded grade of crude oil, like Brent Crude. It‘s kinda junk, but I might put a battery in and wear it for S&Gs occasionally.

carpiste

Guru
For 30 years I had to look at my watch constantly whilst working. I came to hate my watch, it always felt uncomfortable. On days off I never wore it.
On my last day at work I binned everything I had that reminded me of the 30 years.... including that damn watch!

Drago

Legendary Member
I am rather annoyed that my 10 month old Devil Diver has packed up. Its nailed to its perch. Doxa pressed into regular daily wear and ill take the Devil diver into the shop on Wednesday when were due to head into civilisation.

Top Bottom