Show us your watch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macp

Guru
Another shout for Omega never leaves my wrist

MqwqaGS.jpg

Cubist

Still wavin'
Just realised, you aren't wearing a watch on the wrong arm......

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just to set the records straight the Rolex I bought in Dubai is a genuine fake, cost me £20 and SWMBO wasn't amused :boxing:

This was my father's watch, he bought it when I were a lad so it must now be almost 50 years old

View attachment 340171

That is a stunning watch

KneesUp

Guru

EDIT - mine is one of these, bought to be reliable. As I've worn it almost continually since I got it it's doing a good job. Ugly as sin, but very good at telling the correct time, all the time.

casio-3054-wave-ceptor-wv-58a-watch-eayqqg4kgfgk1v4n1l1it0s2-1-0.jpg

Last edited:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Just to set the records straight the Rolex I bought in Dubai is a genuine fake, cost me £20 and SWMBO wasn't amused :boxing:

This was my father's watch, he bought it when I were a lad so it must now be almost 50 years old

View attachment 340171
I was talking to a bit of a connoisseur the other day about my FIL's Paul Jobin. He told me that back in the 60s it was commonplace for jewellers to buy movements "in the white" from Switzerland, case them, and put their own names on them. I suspect there is more than a grain of truth in that. The tell-tale for me is the wording on both your Dad's Tiara and the Jobin....stressing the watch is Swiss made, 17 jewels and Incabloc protected. Be interesting to compare the actual movements, and wonder which of the Swiss houses the movements came from.

Edit: Scratch that perhaps, bit of googling suggests Jobin et Fils was based in Porrentruy.

Last edited:
Reactions: GGJ

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
This is my darling here.

LightOnCloseup2Big.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

EQW-T720DC-1AJF.jpg

Very hard to get, and Nigel O'hara wouldn't budge from their £600 price so i ended up having to import it and import duty came up to about £90 but it was still £200 cheaper than Nigel's asking price.

Either its an old model or it was a limited edition run. Casio do the same model in silver for cheap but this black one was calling out to my heart for almost a year before i bought it.

Maybe not as classy as your rolex's, Tag Heuer's & Breitlings but she is a beauty in my eyes and all the watch i will ever need.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
It's a nice watch right enough but too much going on for me, I'd have to study it for 10 minutes before I knew what the time was :wacko:

I like them easy to read

View attachment 340309

Each to their own I guess. Because the dial is black and the hands are white, the hands stand out in the light even if you just flick or tilt your wrist ever so slightly to check the time. Ive never had any problems with it anyway.

Day on the left, date on the right, 24hour clock on the bottom and the smaller dial on the right is for a second time zone.

I can understand why it may seem cluttered and has too much going on, but its rather simple compared to some watches that Citizen sell.

For instance

Double-hidden-push-button-clasp-Citizen-Skyhawk-A-T_5.jpg

Citizen-Promaster-Navihawk-GPS-aBlogtoWatch-05.jpg

I mean if you 'Need' the Chronograph feature then fair play to you lol. I feel that my watch has very understated looks.

Top Bottom