Show us your watch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Friend got one first, tho' his was a fake from Thailand. Didn't matter; I loved it on sight. Had to wait years, but I finally saw one second hand just after I got a Christmas bonus. It was in better nick then...*sob*...

watch.jpg

Oldfentiger

Veteran
This was a good deal on the plane a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't resist.
Titanium watch and strap, and looks nicely different to me.
Maybe it was a Jet2 special or summat, as it displays the day alternately in English and Spanish.
Flight was from Barcelona.

Skagen.JPG

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I found this walking the dogs today, just lying in the grass.

IMG_5228.JPG

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 76

Zanelad

Guru
That's an argument that will run forever, and can be applied to many things we like to treat ourselves to.

A V reg Ford Fiesta will get you from A to B, why bother with a prestige car? Why spend £2k on a carbon bike when you can get round on a supermarket special? Or a micro scooter?

I wear three bits of jewellery. a wedding ring, a signet ring and a watch. I am very fortunate to have some nice ones to choose from.

I freely admit that it's a bit of an indulgence, and some think it's an unnecessary indulgence, but whichever watch I wear says so much to me that I genuinely don't care what it says to anybody else, positive or negative. I've enjoyed the chance to show them off here though!

And why not? Barry Norman mode off :-) Sometimes it's good to buy things just because you like them and want them, not because you need them or they're the cheapest for the job in hand. To each their own.

Mrs Z will be out shopping and when she gets home say that she saw a nice this or that. Why didn't you buy it, I'll ask. Cos I didn't like to she'll say.

Then when we go back to get it, it's gone.

Treat yourself. We're worth it.

CharlesF

Guru
Martins of Glasgow have repaired my childhood watch (Avia with "17 jewels"), shown next to a Casio for size, how watches have grown in size.

For anyone near Glasgow, I can definitely recommend Martins, not too expensive and tell you exactly what they will do.

The Casio was purchased very cheaply from KLM after I won a voucher to use in their shop.

Martins have also repaired my TAG Formula 1 which I have had repaired twice, at great expense, by TAG themselves.

When I have some some cash I will get them to fix my late Father's Eterna and a very old pocket watch that I inherited.
20170814_191801.jpg

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Quality gear from Tick Tock in Barnstaple - two for a tenner.
Had this one for 4 years, worn it every day. Nice, easily read dial and practical synthetic strap. It's been out in all weathers and been bashed around a bit. Still accurate and on its original battery.:okay:
20170820_084044.jpg

Top Bottom