Show us your watch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
A 'GFF' wristwatch - nearly new - which I found on the beach last year.
I use this as a 'best' watch.

20170820_123725.jpg

Cubist

Still wavin'

Excellent choice sir!

They really got it right with the styling didn't they.

Last edited:

Tin Pot

Guru
Excellent choice sir!

They really got it right with the styling didn't they.

Yeah, I've been procrastinating for a long time, a late 40th present - thought I wanted a planet ocean or the classic diver but this is much more me. All I need now is a yacht to wear it on.

Haven't adjusted it yet, enjoying the gangsta style for now. ;)

Cubist

Still wavin'
Yeah, I've been procrastinating for a long time, a late 40th present - thought I wanted a planet ocean or the classic diver but this is much more me. All I need now is a yacht to wear it on.

Haven't adjusted it yet, enjoying the gangsta style for now. ;)
I went in thinking I wanted the classic Seamaster too. Or at least wanted to compare the two in the flesh. The Aqua Terra just jumped out; pure, understated excellence. Sold itself.

My everyday "watch" - well, it does tell me the time (too)!
IMG_20170825_100806214[1].jpg

My dress (i.e. work) watch. A present to myself in 2002 when my career went up a (very small) notch. I'd never had a watch worth more than £20 before!
IMG_20170825_100828645[1].jpg

My really special-occasion watch, a Bulova in honour of my mother (who received one from my dad 65 years ago as her "engagement watch" in lieu of an "engagement ring"). All 5 of her daughters have a Bulova of similar vintage. I will wear mine for my wedding next May.
IMG_20170825_100913949[1].jpg

Last edited:

graham56

Guru
IMG_0090.JPG

Bodhbh

Guru
Red LED watch. The orginals were Pulsars from the 70s but they go for about £300 on eBay last I looked and they're tempermental, this is a 90s copy and it's still tempermental - it used to play up on the commute from sweat, never mind if it was raining. Still I have a fond spot for it, after finding one for a tenner in a charity shop. They eat batteries with the light on, so you have to press it for the time to come up. Manky fingers probably from fettling beforehand. The practical modern watch at the bottom....

KlJdQ3C.jpg

mpUcRpy.jpg

4bCU1ky.jpg

simongt

Guru
Interesting thread this one - ! Haven't worn a watch in twenty four years. It was originally a way of getting over a very stressful job where EVERYTHING was done by the clock. I got out and dumped my watch. Best thing I ever did. You quickly learn where you can find the time out from various timepieces around when you need to; computers, public clocks, big screens, car clocks etc.. Yes, I do still have several watches gathering dust in a drawer - and mostly in need of new batteries - ! :rofl:

CharlesF

Guru
A couple of my timepieces; on the left, a silver cased Rotary from the 1920s and my father's Rolex "bubbleback" which was his 21st birthday present in 1940. Both remarkably accurate ... the Rolex's automatic movement gains a little over a minute in a day and I'm not about to have it fiddled with in an effort to improve on that. View attachment 387106
Those are beautiful, I'm very envious.

Top Bottom