Show us your watch!

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by Crandoggler, 2 Oct 2015.

1. Dirk

Dirk Guru

Quality gear from Tick Tock in Barnstaple - two for a tenner.
    Had this one for 4 years, worn it every day. Nice, easily read dial and practical synthetic strap. It's been out in all weathers and been bashed around a bit. Still accurate and on its original battery.:okay:
    20170820_084044.jpg

2. Dirk

Dirk Guru

A 'GFF' wristwatch - nearly new - which I found on the beach last year.
    I use this as a 'best' watch.

20170820_123725.jpg

Illaveago likes this.
  3. Cubist

Cubist Still wavin' Moderator

Excellent choice sir!

They really got it right with the styling didn't they.

Last edited: 24 Aug 2017
    Illaveago, Tin Pot and CharlesF like this.
  4. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Guru

Yeah, I've been procrastinating for a long time, a late 40th present - thought I wanted a planet ocean or the classic diver but this is much more me. All I need now is a yacht to wear it on.

Haven't adjusted it yet, enjoying the gangsta style for now. ;)

5. Cubist

Cubist Still wavin' Moderator

I went in thinking I wanted the classic Seamaster too. Or at least wanted to compare the two in the flesh. The Aqua Terra just jumped out; pure, understated excellence. Sold itself.

Illaveago and Tin Pot like this.
  6. Salty seadog

Salty seadog Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

No watch here, I have one of those electromagnetic bodies that makes them go wrong. Ones with hands lose time and digital displays just go off.

Illaveago, classic33 and Tin Pot like this.
  7. My everyday "watch" - well, it does tell me the time (too)!
    IMG_20170825_100806214[1].jpg

My dress (i.e. work) watch. A present to myself in 2002 when my career went up a (very small) notch. I'd never had a watch worth more than £20 before!
    IMG_20170825_100828645[1].jpg

My really special-occasion watch, a Bulova in honour of my mother (who received one from my dad 65 years ago as her "engagement watch" in lieu of an "engagement ring"). All 5 of her daughters have a Bulova of similar vintage. I will wear mine for my wedding next May.
    IMG_20170825_100913949[1].jpg

Last edited: 25 Aug 2017
    Cycleops, grecinos, Mrs M and 4 others like this.
  8. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Ever had to return a digital watch because it's now running backwards?

Illaveago likes this.
  9. Salty seadog

Salty seadog Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

Not yet. Mind you I've not worn a watch for over 30 years.

Illaveago and classic33 like this.
  10. graham56

graham56 Veteran

11. carlton88

carlton88 Über Member

Having removed the computers from my bikes I wanted a watch I could read easily without having to stop and put glasses on. This one is just the ticket. large-easy-to-see-watch_2.jpg

Nigel182, CharlesF and Illaveago like this.
  12. Bodhbh

Bodhbh Veteran

Red LED watch. The orginals were Pulsars from the 70s but they go for about £300 on eBay last I looked and they're tempermental, this is a 90s copy and it's still tempermental - it used to play up on the commute from sweat, never mind if it was raining. Still I have a fond spot for it, after finding one for a tenner in a charity shop. They eat batteries with the light on, so you have to press it for the time to come up. Manky fingers probably from fettling beforehand. The practical modern watch at the bottom....

KlJdQ3C.jpg

mpUcRpy.jpg

4bCU1ky.jpg

13. simongt

simongt Über Member

Interesting thread this one - ! Haven't worn a watch in twenty four years. It was originally a way of getting over a very stressful job where EVERYTHING was done by the clock. I got out and dumped my watch. Best thing I ever did. You quickly learn where you can find the time out from various timepieces around when you need to; computers, public clocks, big screens, car clocks etc.. Yes, I do still have several watches gathering dust in a drawer - and mostly in need of new batteries - ! :rofl:

14. Just inherited this watch

20171203_200209.jpg

15. wonderdog

wonderdog Well-Known Member

A couple of my timepieces; on the left, a silver cased Rotary from the 1920s and my father's Rolex "bubbleback" which was his 21st birthday present in 1940. Both remarkably accurate ... the Rolex's automatic movement gains a little over a minute in a day and I'm not about to have it fiddled with in an effort to improve on that. fullsizeoutput_ff.jpeg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice