Show us your watch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Decisions, decisions - the mornings options:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Decisions, decisions - the mornings options:

Linky no worky

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I have to wear a watch at work (which they issue to me) so out of work I prefer not to wear one. I do sometimes look at watches & think 'wow that looks nice' then think do I want to spend £xxx on it? I'd rather spend the cash on something cycling related, or not at all :okay: On the odd occasion I do need to know the time I check my phone, which is probably as accurate as any £1k+ watch ^_^

Cubist

Still wavin'
I have to wear a watch at work (which they issue to me) so out of work I prefer not to wear one. I do sometimes look at watches & think 'wow that looks nice' then think do I want to spend £xxx on it? I'd rather spend the cash on something cycling related, or not at all :okay: On the odd occasion I do need to know the time I check my phone, which is probably as accurate as any £1k+ watch ^_^
That's an argument that will run forever, and can be applied to many things we like to treat ourselves to.

A V reg Ford Fiesta will get you from A to B, why bother with a prestige car? Why spend £2k on a carbon bike when you can get round on a supermarket special? Or a micro scooter?

I wear three bits of jewellery. a wedding ring, a signet ring and a watch. I am very fortunate to have some nice ones to choose from.

I freely admit that it's a bit of an indulgence, and some think it's an unnecessary indulgence, but whichever watch I wear says so much to me that I genuinely don't care what it says to anybody else, positive or negative. I've enjoyed the chance to show them off here though!

KneesUp

Guru
That's why I hae my £30 Casio. It sets itself every night from Rugby or wherever, so is always to the second correct, and at £30 I'm not that bothered if I loose it or break it. I'm too clumsy for a watch that costs more than about £100!

subaqua

What’s the point
Agreed. Otherwise known as the Dracula watch, some spend far too much time in their presentation box coffin
My daily wearer was in danger of that till a mate died and I realised that it was supposed to be worn and used rather than looked at on a shelf.

It's currently in watch hospital having a service , new springbars and a new glass.

You know you are in the right place when it gets called a timepiece not a watch

I just got this Rotary yesterday and have been giving it a clean externally. It is quite slim and elegant
IMGP2966 (2).JPG
having a champagne gold dial which takes up the whole face leaving hardly any bezel. It is keeping perfect time so far.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I just got this Rotary yesterday and have been giving it a clean externally. It is quite slim and elegant View attachment 342976 having a champagne gold dial which takes up the whole face leaving hardly any bezel. It is keeping perfect time so far.
That's very nice. We're back on the uncluttered, understated and elegant again. Champagne dial, baton markers, always a classic look.

Lonestar

Veteran
I like.
Is that the Japanese import? Which is slightly different than the standard one.

Yes I've had it years...Actually I think I ordered it from America but I see they sell it in Argos now...

Ooops that's a stock pic but it looks the same as the watch I have.

I checked I can't see any difference from the one I have.How do you know it's Japanese import?

Last edited:
U

User19783

Yes I've had it years...Actually I think I ordered it from America but I see they sell it in Argos now...

Ooops that's a stock pic but it looks the same as the watch I have.

I checked I can't see any difference from the one I have.How do you know it's Japanese import?

I believe there's a different back, threaded back, not with four srews.
Also it's slightly heavier, I will try to fine some photos online, and post them on here.

Top Bottom