Show us your watch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newts

Veteran
Painting the eaves?
Our fascia boards are only about 20ft up, i'd get dizzy any higher up on a ladder.

As I spent my youth in Prescot, I have a yearning to get a Prescot watch from the Lancashire watch company, now defunct. The watches have some reputation, but I've never been close to one.

Anybody got one, don't mean for sale, just to know what they are like.
OK - bit of a Necro bump
My wife was born in Prescot - there are still one or two glass roofed 'conservatories' ion the back of house - which are actually based on old workshops where the watchmakers worked
They had to have glass roofs for the light

Anyway - many years ago she was on Guernsey and needed to visit a jeweller. When he heard she was from Prescot he was ecstatic. He was a watch collector and regailed her with a til of how he was returning home from Scotland and changed his route just go go through Prescot because of its history of Watchmaking

He dragged her into the back and insisted on showing her his pride and joy
2 Prescot watches

She says they was amazing - incredibly beautiful
but he then opened them up
the beauty continued inside and every possible surface - engravings and all sorts

amazing artistry

Sharky

Guru
OK - bit of a Necro bump
My wife was born in Prescot - there are still one or two glass roofed 'conservatories' ion the back of house - which are actually based on old workshops where the watchmakers worked
They had to have glass roofs for the light

Anyway - many years ago she was on Guernsey and needed to visit a jeweller. When he heard she was from Prescot he was ecstatic. He was a watch collector and regailed her with a til of how he was returning home from Scotland and changed his route just go go through Prescot because of its history of Watchmaking

He dragged her into the back and insisted on showing her his pride and joy
2 Prescot watches

She says they was amazing - incredibly beautiful
but he then opened them up
the beauty continued inside and every possible surface - engravings and all sorts

amazing artistry
I've actually got one now. My daughters bought me one for my 70th.

I think I posted some photos on here. Will try and find the link.

@ebikeerwidnes here they are.

IMG_20200211_000038.jpg

IMG_20200211_000155b.jpg

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
All you Rolex, Tag Heur, Breitling etc. poseurs, stand aside.... Here we have a Casio W86. Available from Amazon for £16 :laugh:.

I seem to have inherited my mother's wrists, and find that chunky watches look ridiculous as they dwarf my wrist. Also the weight of them starts to hit against the knuckle of the bone and annoys me. So cheapo Casios it is...

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
All you Rolex, Tag Heur, Breitling etc. poseurs, stand aside.... Here we have a Casio W86. Available from Amazon for £16 :laugh:.

View attachment 596225

I seem to have inherited my mother's wrists, and find that chunky watches look ridiculous as they dwarf my wrist. Also the weight of them starts to hit against the knuckle of the bone and annoys me. So cheapo Casios it is...

Blimey, look at you with your fancy pants W86 - everyone knows the Casio F-91W is where it's at (available from Amazon for under a tenner...) ;)

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Here's a photo of my watch- a Pulsar self-winding thing.

(it was denser than I was expecting and I didn't spend any time optimizing the image, this is an average of probably 32 images)
Watch.jpg

Here's my most recent purchase:
1633937958268.jpeg

It's an AddiesDive pilot watch, with sterile dial. Ordered it with a bracelet, but now has a more wearable tropic rubber strap. The bracelet was a real pig to remove. Broke the springbar tool, fingers getting raw, so introduced it to the angle grinder, and that persuaded it to behave. Doubt I'd get a job in a jewellers using this technique. These Chinese homages are real bargains - all stainless 316, NH35 movement, saphire crystal, screw in crown and caseback, all for 48 quid delivered. I like the idea of a pilot watch with some characteristics of a diver - could be very useful:

'This is your captain speaking. Today, I'm wearing a watch rated to a depth of 200M. So, sit back, relax and enjoy the flight' :eek:

Top Bottom