Show us your watch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
It wasn’t really as an investment I just knew that they can be . The Mrs wants to buy me something nice for my 50th. It’s either that or a nice bike :laugh:
Personally I'd get another watch that's nicer, Rolex tend to be a a £500 watch with a massive mark up and they are not that attractive either.
I'd get the bike and a Steinhart if you like the Rolex style or an Omega if you want a classic watch.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Quite like an OMEGA as well. Not chatted about this again. To be honest , it’s a lot of money to put down on a watch .

mustang1

Guru
I’m 50 next month and the wife’s has mentioned buying me a watch or a new all singing dancing bike. ( whatever that is lol ) I’m thinking a watch would be nice. She mentioned a Rolex I about fainted !!! However I’m also informed that sometimes these can prove to be an investment. Or are we taking about the really silly priced ones ?
Getting a new Rolex is likely very difficult and you may be put onto a fictitious waiting list. Getting a pre owned one is way over list price and you may not like the idea of spending a considerable amount over. You could get a rather old Rolex for a similar price to a new one otherwise how about an Omega or any number of other prestigious brands.
Or get that singing bike. :smile:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
That's the thing with watches - much like bikes they're an emotive purchase where logic only plays part of the decision.
And let's be honest, your mobile phone keeps better time than almost any watch. ^_^
I get the thing with Rolex and appreciate the quality and image, however they're not for me, especially not with a lengthy waiting list unless you're prepared to pay a big premium.

20210509_112251.jpg

Mainly cheapo's but the Tag is genuine and the square one was my old man's.

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
The latest addition to the collection arrived today:

A limited edition celebrating 60 years since the legendary Honda RC162 first raced.

(Unfortunately the bike isn't included ^_^ )

mustang1

Guru
I rather like dive and dive-style watches (as long as they are 10 bar WR ^_^) and I have a Seiko 5. What I really like is the bezel as I'm usually timing something and a stopwatch gets too clumsy: put in stopwatch mode, press start, now IDK what the time is unless I go back to time mode, etc.

With the dive-bezel, all I do is rotate it and that's my "stopwatch" started.

Last edited:
Over the past few years an auction room in my town has sold some nice watches cheaply. A 9ct gold Tudor Oyster Perpetual engraved Harris of Calne 25 years service for £200. A few years later a Rolex 9ct perpetual with gold bracelet , estimate £5,000 went for £3,000 in the second auction. Bargains!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
It wasn’t really as an investment I just knew that they can be . The Mrs wants to buy me something nice for my 50th. It’s either that or a nice bike :laugh:
Just for info , I will be getting one. Might be a wait though! Was through seeing and trying some on. Who knew it would be this hard to buy a watch. Quite fancied a Sub Mariner but chances of getting one is zero and even then they may not sell you it ! Just in case you sell it on at a tidy profit right away.

Just for info , I will be getting one. Might be a wait though! Was through seeing and trying some on. Who knew it would be this hard to buy a watch. Quite fancied a Sub Mariner but chances of getting one is zero and even then they may not sell you it ! Just in case you sell it on at a tidy profit right away.
Why not save up a bit more and buy a Patek Phillipe ? :whistle:

Top Bottom