Show us your watch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deaninkl

Regular
My son is a pilot, on graduation his mother wanted to buy him a Breitling or similar pilots watch... he just laughed at her and showed her his "Pilots Watch" and politely explained to her that 99% of pilots wear a casio when working, and a few fashionistas will swop the casio for a Breitling or Tag etc etc. when leaving the plane to show off..... finally she gave up trying to get him to wear a "proper" watch... but his dad has convinced him to get a day watch... the Seiko Turtle....

Last edited:
Early Xmas pressie, from me to me. Got myself a NTTD Bond homage in the 11:11 Ali sale. Yet to see the movie - his has a mesh strap, but heard they snag the hairs a bit. This one has a rubber strap and deployment clasp - better suited to the climate:
1638515147416.jpeg

It's an automatic - shaken, not stirred

Drzdave58

Über Member
Early Xmas pressie, from me to me. Got myself a NTTD Bond homage in the 11:11 Ali sale. Yet to see the movie - his has a mesh strap, but heard they snag the hairs a bit. This one has a rubber strap and deployment clasp - better suited to the climate:
View attachment 620332
It's an automatic - shaken, not stirred
How do you like the watch Frank? Any issues with it?

johnnyb47

Guru
Here's mine. It's cheap and cheerful but keeps really good time and easy to see.
It cost £30 from Argos and is slim enough to fit under my long sleeved cycling jacket
Its a field watch Lorus Luminbrite and after a few seconds of day light it glows insanely bright with its luminous painted face

Sharky

Guru
Here is my Swiss Army watch. Had it for about 20 years now. Not an expensive watch, got it in the Jan sales for about £70.

Wore it for about 5 years until the battery ran out. Took it to countless shops for a replacement battery, but none of them could take the back off. They offered to send it to their workshop for £35 and at the time thought it a bit too much, so stopped wearing it.

But last week thought I would try again, so took it round our local Bluewater shopping centre. Came across a stand in the middle of the walk routes called Watch Surgery. Never expected them to be able to change the battery, but amazingly, they had all the Rolex type tools and in 10 mins, they had the back off and replaced the battery. Not only that, they put on a new strap And transferred the buckle, which had the Swiss Army name on it, to the new strap.

Really pleased and is now back on my wrist.

So can really recommend this place

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
IMG_20170307_093933.jpg

johnnyb47

Guru
On the subject of watches I'm enjoying my new Casio Edifice solar at the moment. It does however lose around 2 seconds a week (sad I know for even being that geeky) in checking it..
I was just wondering how accurate are your watches.
At the present rate ,it looks like mine will be -10 seconds a month

Top Bottom