Sick cat.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rhythm Thief said:
He's not been allowed home yet.:smile: Apparently he managed to get out of his neck collar in the night and had a go at his staples, so the vet wants to check him over. When he comes back, we've got to keep him in for ten days.

Got a bit more energy then! :biggrin: Seriously, sounds like you're going to have to watch him when he gets back.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Rhythm Thief said:
He's not been allowed home yet.:smile: Apparently he managed to get out of his neck collar in the night and had a go at his staples, so the vet wants to check him over. When he comes back, we've got to keep him in for ten days.

Which is usually the worst part. Doggy was like a fiend when we had to keep her 'still and quiet' for a week following spaying.

wafflycat

Rhythm Thief said:

If you've got a pet 'superstore' type place nearby you may well be able to hire a sizeable 'cage' for the duration if the vet advises cage-rest. When Waffles had her major altercation with a motor, the vet advised six weeks' cage rest for Waffles, and that's what we did. Towards the end she was going stir-crazy but it did the job as it meant she simply couldn't go charging off and make healing injuries re-open.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Hope Joe gets better soon, it's amazing how quickly they perk up when the antibiotics kick in. Sounds as if he might have got caught on a fence or something while he was out exploring.

We had the same with one of our cats. She'd broken her pelvis, and as she's normally quite active the vet was scared she'd jump. She would howl for 'help'? every time you came in the room... it was awful...

LynnA

Poor puddy cat - he'll want lots of attention when he gets back home. One of our six had to have some of his teeth removed a couple of weeks ago. I had to take time off work as he was clinging to me like a limpet and wouldn't let me out of his sight for a nano second - fortunately my work are very understanding!!

TVC

Poor RT junior, I'm sure it won't be long before he's hoovering up any treats within a 10 foot radius.

potsy

Rambler
Not nice when your pet is ill,one of our cats came in with 2 small holes in his neck,looked like he'd been attacked by a vampire:biggrin: turned out according to the vet it was a squirrel bite.No point stitching as they were so close together so had to wait until they merged into one big hole then they were stapled together.
He was desperate to go back outside to explore but couldn't let him for a few weeks he was feeling very sorry for himself by the end.

Slowgrind

Hope that your cat soon gets well! I had fun this week explaining to my 80 year old mother why her kitten needs to be neutered. She remembered eventually but it was touch and go for a while!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
How's the puddy doing......

One of ours was very quiet.... found her licking a 5p hole in her side, with some stringy bit coming out - possibly shot - even the vet didn't know - emergency run to a 24 hour vets for me.....she was fine, but it's the blooming hastle trying to fit a collar on a cat, and keep it quiet that's the hardest..... they really don't like it, and have a nasty habbit of some how escaping the collar and removing staples/stitches.......

rusky

CC Addict
Similar thing happened to our cat, Vet thought she had been in a fight & another cat had kicked away with its hind legs

longers

Legendary Member
Sharon had an ulcer near the base of her tail a couple of years ago from running away. She had home surgery which was nice. She made a really quick recovery as Baggy said they can.

She shows the same initial signs when she's been frightened badly.

This is the cat that bites the police when she gets chance.

Top Bottom