Sick cat.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here he is, young Anglepoise Joe.

JoeAnglepoise003.jpg

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Rhythm Thief said:
I think he takes his cues from me - out all night then sleeps most of the day. Then does bugger - all when he does wake up.:tongue:

I think you missed out the part "out all night on the razzle" No wonder he needs his sleep :laugh:

Ours is mostly under our feet at the moment :sad:. She isn't so keen to be out and about in this cold weather.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Rhythm Thief said:
Here he is, young Anglepoise Joe.

JoeAnglepoise003.jpg

Not pleased at all- there's seething rage in those eyes. Being the master of the house, you do know Joe will enact his revenge when he is out of the collar? I don't envy you...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
wafflycat said:
Waffles sends empathic purrs. She *loathes* lampshades with a vengeance. Indeed TED (The Evil Doctor, as all vets are known as) has never been able to fit a lampshade that she cannot remove.

Hmmmmm?? What???? :smile:

Slowgrind

Glad to see your cat's on the mend R.T. Finally got my Ma's cat to the vet on tuesday last to be neutered! He should have gone last week. To my dismay I could'nt catch the little blighter for the original appointment! The expresion on his face spoke volumes when he came home from surgery. It sort of said "There was no need for THAT!"

I haven't trawled through all these pages (there should be a quick way of viewing them all together!) but I just hope your little sweetie makes a full recovery.

Mine spent a week in vet's hospital about 2 years ago, very nearly didn't make it, had blood tests for everything but couldn't find a solution. He had to be drip fed, then tube fed, made a small recovery but when he'd started drinking and eating again I took him home and fed him on finely chopped up chicken. He made excellent progress back home.
That was one expensive pussy cat! Worth it!!!!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Leo, my cat, aged approx ten years old, is gradually losing fur on his tummy and further towards his "bits". It started about a year ago, and he went to the Vet then. Vet said it was not a problem. Now it is getting worse, and the balding or lack of fur is extending down his leg. I do not see him excessively grooming that area, and when I gently prod the area, he does not react, so I am presuming it is not painful. I think another visit to the vet is needed. Has anyone else had this problem with their male cat as they got older?

potsy

Rambler
We've been quite lucky with our two,had them both 'done' when they were young,girl cat never been back,boy cat only twice both for cuts/fights.(both 13 now)
Boy cat had to wear the dreaded collar for a few days,not happy,wanted to go out and play but was on house arrest.Being an out-door cat had no experience of indoor toiletting so held it for 2-3 days,took him back to vet thay gave him a jab to make him 'go',let's just say we didn't make it home in time:ohmy:xx(:blush:

longers

Legendary Member
Speicher said:
Has anyone else had this problem with their male cat as they got older?

No, a female one but in the same place. The vet wasn't bothered much, she was his cat so it wasn't like he didn't care, he said it was hormonal I think and gave her a tablet occasionally.

A trip to the vet for Leo might be worthwhile or not. If it gives you peace of mind then it is worthwhile.

potsy

Rambler
Speicher said:
Leo, my cat, aged approx ten years old, is gradually losing fur on his tummy and further towards his "bits". It started about a year ago, and he went to the Vet then. Vet said it was not a problem. Now it is getting worse, and the balding or lack of fur is extending down his leg. I do not see him excessively grooming that area, and when I gently prod the area, he does not react, so I am presuming it is not painful. I think another visit to the vet is needed. Has anyone else had this problem with their male cat as they got older?
Ours had that vet said the same-not to worry,possibly caused by stress apparently,we had a new cat moves in next door around the same time so might have been 'bullied' they are best friends now and fur is fine.

Top Bottom