Sick !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GentleBenn

Veteran
I'm sick AGAIN !

The past 12 months I've had 4 courses of antibiotics for chest infections,
1 flu virus, and now I've got swollen tonsils and am acheing all over and feel like Sh##t !

My body's defences are useless, it's really starting to piss me off now !

Any advice please,doctor on the 4th treatment of antibiotics said I'm just unlucky :biggrin: !

Any of you take anything or do anything that you think might help me ?

Sorry for going on ,just cheesed !
Thanks Benn.

col

Legendary Member
I really feel for you, Im just getting over something which has had me laid up for most of my week off and a week before. The worrying thing is there are about 200 viruses that we can get so Iv been told, and it looks like your getting more than your fair share at the same time. All I can say is plenty of rest and fluids, paracetamol and brufen. For pain 2x 500 mg of paracetamol every four hours, and for extra painkilling if needed 1x 500 mg of brufen taken with the paracetamol every four hours too.

jimboalee

My quack told me there was a strain of infection for the respiratory system, for every day of the year.

Not exactly 365, but I understood his metaphor.

I got a chest infection regular every three - four months following my abdominal stab wound. This went on for four years until my company moved out of central Birmingham to the countryside.

My quack told me to cycle the 18 mile commute and get in some fresh air. Two years later and I had stopped having the regular treatments.

I blame Diesel fumes. ??:biggrin:

puddleglum

I agree with Col for how to treat the symptoms, but I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't get many colds (2 in 9 years). The only thing I might be doing differently is eating loads and loads of fruit. Specifically, at least one kiwi fruit every day. It might help as they contain a lot of vitamin C.
Give it a go - it might improve things and certainly won't do any harm...

jayce

im the same got a very bad immune system i take multi vits ,loads of cranberrie juice and fruit and i take lots of protein and a donone everyday, seems to stop the colds, i used to have colds all the time

OP
OP
GentleBenn

GentleBenn

Veteran
Thanks for the advice everyone, I do take vitamins and a probiotic drink, and eat well.
Im not a good sleeper ,i wonder if that has anything to do with it ?
Even thinking of having a full health check with bupa to get to the bottom of it all !

col

Legendary Member
If your not getting enough sleep, that can be the cause of so many things, try and sort that and you could possibly see a dramatic improvement.

Top Bottom