Sideswiped and Assaulted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
domtyler said:
I think you are being emotional, you should know better if you really have investigated some sort of major incident. The police will view this as so minor that they will not want to get involved. I know that, I'm pretty sure most people on this thread know that, and if you're honest I think you know that too.:wacko:

In my former role, we investigated incidents and what was described in the jargon as "dangerous occurrences". There are much more of the latter than the former. The process possibly gained more from the events that did not kill, mainly because they were more frequent, reference the "accident triangle", and could easily be publicised without the burden of a looming court case and evidential issues. On the propensity of the police to hide below desk level, it is one thing to realise there are sometimes not enough police officers to deal with criminal offences, but quite another to say that such events should not be reported. Unless the shortfall in resources, or police resolve, are highlighted, deliberate, dangerous behaviour as described will not be properly examined. I don't think one should make assumptions that no good will come of a report, as occasionally the goons, repeat offenders perhaps, will be collared.

Nortones2 said:
In my former role, we investigated incidents and what was described in the jargon as "dangerous occurrences". There are much more of the latter than the former. The process possibly gained more from the events that did not kill, mainly because they were more frequent, reference the "accident triangle", and could easily be publicised without the burden of a looming court case and evidential issues. On the propensity of the police to hide below desk level, it is one thing to realise there are sometimes not enough police officers to deal with criminal offences, but quite another to say that such events should not be reported. Unless the shortfall in resources, or police resolve, are highlighted, deliberate, dangerous behaviour as described will not be properly examined. I don't think one should make assumptions that no good will come of a report, as occasionally the goons, repeat offenders perhaps, will be collared.

Sorry to sound like a repeating record – but if you go to the police station with the report of such an incident - and they don’t record it (which is my experience) – then how can such dangerous occurrences be investigated – sorry to be devils advocate here – but what’s the trick in getting near but non “dangerous incidents” reported – If someone would please tell me I’d be the first in the queue reporting them

Sprocket Dog

tdr1nka said:
I think that swearing comes down as low and common abuse so don't worry about that

I used to think that too. Then I nearly got arrested for saying "FFS, you're being unreasonable" to a man who left his dog in the car on a hot summer's day. The cops even turned up with blues and twos, albeit two hours later.

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
Not wishing to put a spanner in anyone's opinion on whether to report or not, I did try to report twice to find the local police station closed and on the second attempt was pointed in the direction of a station five miles away. Was intending to draft a statement Friday am and deliver Friday pm when I received a phone call to say my father had passed away. Reporting isn't that high in my radar at the moment as you can imagine and any further time passing will make the reporting seem tardy I think.

ChrisKH said:
Not wishing to put a spanner in anyone's opinion on whether to report or not, I did try to report twice to find the local police station closed and on the second attempt was pointed in the direction of a station five miles away. Was intending to draft a statement Friday am and deliver Friday pm when I received a phone call to say my father had passed away. Reporting isn't that high in my radar at the moment as you can imagine and any further time passing will make the reporting seem tardy I think.

Condolences.

Sprocket Dog

ChrisKH said:

Kinda puts things in perspective. Thoughts are with you and your family. ;)

PBancroft

ChrisKH said:

Sorry mate.

Top Bottom