Sidewall "slash" cuts on rear tyre...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Decathlon stuff is fine.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Those pedals are going to require a bit of force removing by the looks of it. Spray them with some WD40 and whack the spanner with a heavy hammer, they'll come eventually.
Pedals removes towards the back of the bike on BOTH sides.

right_pedal_removal-1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mazz

Mazz

Anyone know how to remove the freewheel off the wheel? Do I need special tools? Thanks
IMG_20230513_161333.jpg

IMG_20230513_161333.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230513_164031.jpg
    IMG_20230513_164031.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
OP
OP
Mazz

Mazz

Do I need a spline tool?
IMG_20230513_165643.jpg

OP
OP
Mazz

Mazz

Update: I tried the vice method to remove the freewheel,.but try as I may (turning wheel anticlockwise) I couldn't remove the freewheel - applied penetrating oil too, also tried a Jimmy bar attached to a spanner, I was getting nowhere fast. It's too old to budge I guess.
Can anyone recommend a replacement budget 6 speed freewheel? Thanks

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
The OP seeks to take it off to reuse on a new (?to them) wheel they've procured.
UPDATE: I have a replacement rear wheel on order, so thanks for your help on that one.
I would just get a new 6sp block. OP will need to know what size large sprocket they want (small will be 14t).
Well actually (if I didn't have a few wheels sitting waiting for the opportunity to roll once again) I'd go up to the tip and pick the best one available, If forced I would buy the whole bike (£12-£15) and break it up, for the rear wheel, keeping any other bits which might get repurposed, before returning to tip (aka recycling centre).
This bike was BER before the OP started the thread.

OP
OP
Mazz

Mazz

The OP seeks to take it off to reuse on a new (?to them) wheel they've procured.

I would just get a new 6sp block. OP will need to know what size large sprocket they want (small will be 14t).
Well actually (if I didn't have a few wheels sitting waiting for the opportunity to roll once again) I'd go up to the tip and pick the best one available, If forced I would buy the whole bike (£12-£15) and break it up, for the rear wheel, keeping any other bits which might get repurposed, before returning to tip (aka recycling centre).
This bike was BER before the OP started the thread.

Yes , biggest has 28T and smallest has 14T, so I think this will work?
https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...MIpPXwnZ6B_wIVGBQGAB0_EQG8EAQYAyABEgIplfD_BwE

Top Bottom