SIDI shoes - Advice Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FOAD

I am contemplating getting a pair of SIDI road shoes and wanted to ask a few questions, as info on their site and elsewhere seems limited:

1. I have flat feet and plantar fasciitus hence a good insole is important to me. Specialized, Northwave etc. make a big thing about "Body Geometry" or whatever phrase each manufacturer likes to call their take on providing a choice of footbeds etc. SIDI make no mention of this, so can anyone comment on the footbeds etc. supplied/available.

2. How long are SIDI's warranteed for?

3. I like the Genius 5.1 which is a 2008 shoe, and I understand the SL buckle has now been replaced, leaving me to think if it had been good they would still use it. Is it a problem? Also I take it these only fit Look and SPD as standard and anything needs an adaptor?

4. I can't find a LBS who stock SIDI so it will be a net order (I am about 30 mins south of Brum). Do they size similar to Specialized, Northwave etc.

Any other comments on SIDI appreciated.

yenrod

Sidi are quite a narrow shoe.

Though they can 'widen' over time with a good soaking.

They are a very comfortable shoe as the upper with is lorica base / leather outer works well but can shrink slightly after drying !

The Cork insole moulds to your foot really nicely !!!!

Not sure on the new pedal fitments as I only used them with Time pedals.

Fiona N

Veteran
I find Sidi shoes are quite a bit smaller for the same nominal size than Specialized shoes.
I have 'Conformable' insoles made for me at Cyclefit, even for my Specialized shoes. Although I don't need them so much for the uprights, they're essential for knee alignment on the 'bents. If you have foot problems, I'd definitely recommend these sort of personalised insoles to ensure correct positioning. Good running shoe shops can make them as well as a small number of bike shops.

Top Bottom