"Sig Nature" ride - Tuesday 29th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike e

Here it is everyone, the ride to end our fantastic year of FNRttC's and all the great social rides we've enjoyed. As a bonus we also get to celebrate, albeit a little early, Sig's birthday. Not only is this a great excuse for more drinks than usual but Sig get's a cake baked for her by someone or other (tbc) we can always plan the route to go past an Asda...:thumbsup:

Some more details:-

Ride around Hertford, north of London, stevevw will be our host for guiding us on the bikes and at some point retreat to a boozer, this may happen sooner or later dependant on the weather and the availability of wheels (or lack of therein).

Anyone can freely input a very open plan with ideas and suggestions to make what is going to be a great day even better.

It's quite a way off and it's during the festive period so I guess some folks may be later committing to this. Mr NXEC been very expensive at short notice has left me with no option but to commit now so I will start the ball rolling.....

mike e
hopefully there will be more....

redjedi

Über Member
Can't let you ride alone Mike so count me in.
Will give me a good excuse to escape the family after Christmas.
and burn off a few calories :thumbsup:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I'll be over my Christmas hangover by then so am in! My sister is a fantastic cake maker... Whoops, did I say that out loud!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Attempting to finalise the Christmas plans now - should hopefully be around for this- if so I can make cake/cakes.

Does anyone have any idea of costs of tickets up to Hertford from central London?

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
ttcycle said:
Attempting to finalise the Christmas plans now - should hopefully be around for this- if so I can make cake/cakes.

Does anyone have any idea of costs of tickets up to Hertford from central London?

Aperitif and Me good self cycled this last time, nice little route.. and the roads will be clear.. come be a muskerteer TT! ;)

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Davy, what's a muskerteer? a mouse with too much beer and kebab?

Ian - a tenner is not too bad -don't have a card but I'm sure it's not much more than that- will have to see how I'm feeling -pretty knackered at the moment!

Cakes wise if I can make it though can't fully promise yet- banana bread and possibly a chocolate cake (haven't made one of those in years though!)

stevevw

Guru
I had better come too. :blush:

Pub booking and cake production is on going as is the ride route ;) The only definates so far is we will meet at the Rose cafe in Hertford, they do great cheap food and coffee. Then we will end up in a nice pub for lunch, Beer and cake.

TT last month Watton (the stop after Hertford) to KX was £8:60

ttcycle said:

Ian - a tenner is not too bad -don't have a card but I'm sure it's not much more than that- will have to see how I'm feeling -pretty knackered at the moment!

Cakes wise if I can make it though can't fully promise yet- banana bread and possibly a chocolate cake (haven't made one of those in years though!)

...domestic godess - too busy dusting eh? ;)
<hides>

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
ttcycle said:

No trains allowed but a large consumption of cake is a must and so is a good spirit of humour when the garminator goes wrong and deciedes were on another Country... or maybe we are! B)

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Aperitif said:
...domestic godess - too busy dusting eh? :biggrin:
<hides>

'Teef all this mention of domesticity, housework and traditional values....I reckon you'd make a fine candidate for the WI - where's your pinny?:biggrin:

Top Bottom