"Sig Nature" ride - Tuesday 29th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Aperitif said:
Unreconstituted man me.:angry: The WI is jam tarts, right?

Never diluted? Oh I don't know 'Teef - those puns reach far and wide in CC land!!

Here is WI for your perusal, though you mentioning jam tarts means that you have to now bake some for the ride...:blush:

http://www.thewi.org.uk/

however, one thing precluding you from membership is being a man....I'm sure Davy could sort you out there.

ttcycle said:
Never diluted? Oh I don't know 'Teef - those puns reach far and wide in CC land!!

Here is WI for your perusal, though you mentioning jam tarts means that you have to now bake some for the ride...:biggrin:

http://www.thewi.org.uk/

however, one thing precluding you from membership is being a man....I'm sure Davy could sort you out there.

My pupils dilute every now and then...when I get watery eyes. They get cornea...:smile:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
when there's an eye roll emoticon following your own post 'Teef, that's a sign things are really bad...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I was looking at this. Is there room for one more northern nutter? When is a start time/route likely to be agreed?

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Always room for more...plans are being finalised/drafted at the moment - so no solid route yet - Mike e has posted his train times though -might give you an indication for booking tickets down if you need to book in advance.

stevevw

Guru
The plan is to roll out from Hertford around 10am ish. I will meet Mike e at Stevenage station and then ride over to Hertford to meet the rest of you. So marinyork it would be good if you can get a train around the same time as Mike and we can all ride over together.

The ride will be around 46miles for those that start in Hertford and 70ish for the Stevenage posse.

A bit closer to the ride I will take roll calls for the 2 start points.

stevevw said:
The plan is to roll out from Hertford around 10am ish. I will meet Mike e at Stevenage station and then ride over to Hertford to meet the rest of you. So marinyork it would be good if you can get a train around the same time as Mike and we can all ride over together.

The ride will be around 46miles for those that start in Hertford and 70ish for the Stevenage posse.

A bit closer to the ride I will take roll calls for the 2 start points.

You mean you will be helping the Northern posse in?
mikee's probably going to know the way but you'll be helping to 'cook the other one's goose'.He'll be marin aided...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Aperitif said:
You mean you will be helping the Northern posse in?
mikee's probably going to know the way but you'll be helping to 'cook the other one's goose'.He'll be marin aided...

:biggrin:

Too right, apparently because I use the same gear nearly all the time on flatter rides some people were worried that my gears were broken :sad:.

OP
OP
M

mike e

marinyork said:
:smile:

Too right, apparently because I use the same gear nearly all the time on flatter rides some people were worried that my gears were broken :biggrin:.

I was riding with marin at the velodrome the other night and he asked about this ride. I've told him he can only come along if he rides the Bianchi...:smile:

I'm catching the train from Hull, then change at Doncaster, then change at Peterborough (It would probably be easier to ride there...:biggrin:)

So you could train it from Sheffield to meet me at Doncaster, I have just checked and you would have to catch the:-

06:18 Sheffield - 06:56 Doncaster
07:25 Doncaster - 08:25 Peterborough
08:39 Peterborough - 09:06 Stevenage

Cost of ticket if you book now - £18.25, I paid £22.70 from Hull

Coming back

19:47 Stevenage - 20:38 Peterborough
20:46 Peterborough - 21:38 Doncaster
21:48 Doncaster - 22:21 Sheffield

Cost of ticket if you book now - £13.80, I paid £16.90 to Hull

Don't forget to book your bike (Bianchi;)) on the train as well.

www.nationalexpresseastcoast.com

OP
OP
M

mike e

And here's who's riding so far:-

mike e
redjedi
ianrauk
Davywalnuts
clivedb
stevevw
Flying Dodo
hillclimber

tt and Aperitif are possibles/definates?? when the've finished arguing about the wi

marinyork another possible

it would be nice if Sig could make it as well...:smile:

Top Bottom