Sigma Sports - Very poor after sales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

People have been complaining about Sigma for years. They must be doing something right! ;)

I'm pleased you got the result you wanted.

I remember complaining to Assos about the quality of their bibs (in relation to aging) saying I paid a lot of money for a premium product blah blah blah. Their reply took me aback in it's brutal honesty - something like 'our bibs are not designed for durability' (I paraphrase) After picking up my fallen jaw, I got my head around what they were saying. They offered me a decent discount on a new pair (which I took) and I decided to wear them not as special occasion/Sunday best but regularly.

Mark pallister

Very disappointed in Sigma sports - whom have a good reputation and I thought I would be safe with. I paid £130 for a pair of Castelli bib tights in October , I had worn them at most half a dozen times, before I picked up a groin injury keeping me off the bike. At the weekend I decided to go out for a very short ride just to see how things were feeling.

I always turn my clothes inside out before putting them for wash - Imagine my surprise when I noticed in the thigh/hip area significant fraying of the fibres. I emailed Sigma sports with photos, and sat waiting for the email saying a replacement was on the way - my only concern was would they have stock.

I was very disappointed when the reply came back. That they weren't going to warranty these as the fraying had been caused by 'external abrasions' - A couple of emails more - but they refused to budge.

I then posted a review of the bib tights and my experience on the sigma sports website - which they have declined to publish (no wonder everything is rated so highly on there)

Had a similar issue with a rucksack from wiggle last year - sent the photos, and a new rucksack was sent out next day delivery. People complain about the dominance of wiggle - but my experiences above perhaps explain why they get so much custom.

Couldn't quite believe the price of stuff on sigma - (the bib tights are now £150) - perhaps they are struggling a bit.
I’ve had nothing but excellent service from wiggle
returns are so easy ,I will happily pay a few £s more as I know there will be no problems

chris-suffolk

People have been complaining about Sigma for years. They must be doing something right! ;)

I'm pleased you got the result you wanted.

I remember complaining to Assos about the quality of their bibs (in relation to aging) saying I paid a lot of money for a premium product blah blah blah. Their reply took me aback in it's brutal honesty - something like 'our bibs are not designed for durability' (I paraphrase) After picking up my fallen jaw, I got my head around what they were saying. They offered me a decent discount on a new pair (which I took) and I decided to wear them not as special occasion/Sunday best but regularly.

I bought two pairs of Assos bib shorts a few years back. Whilst the inner lining to the padding is slightly thin in places, they look as good as new from the outside, and are still as comfortable as ever. They get no special treatment, and have done a few thousand miles.

I’ve always had a excellent service from sigma and top class quality from castelli but I have had more than a few pair wear thin over a few years mind and lots of use, I likewise had a pair of Rapha core bibs which went thin in 6 months of light use, recently I had a pair of le col bibs go worn and bobbly in two rides both super wet along the Welsh coast line where me the bike and everything I was wearing was covered in a salty Sandy paste, so effectively like sitting on sandpaper for 50 miles not surprising really

it also killed my headset, bb, chain, cassette and both wheel bearings all in all an expensive trip

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
The thing is that as far as they are concerned you purchased a product 4 months ago which is now damaged and you want a replacement. They have no idea how much you used them or how well you looked after them. I found the statement in your second para very presumptive. Why would somebody assume that in this position they are automatically entitled to a replacement? After a few weeks agreed yes but a third of a year?

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
The thing is that as far as they are concerned you purchased a product 4 months ago which is now damaged and you want a replacement. They have no idea how much you used them or how well you looked after them. I found the statement in your second para very presumptive. Why would somebody assume that in this position they are automatically entitled to a replacement? After a few weeks agreed yes but a third of a year?

Because with my Strava records - and correspondence from GP - I could pretty much prove I hadn't cycled since November.

iluvmybike

Über Member
Funnily enough I know loads of folk who still manage to cycle who don't use Strava - just saying :wacko:

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Because with my Strava records - and correspondence from GP - I could pretty much prove I hadn't cycled since November.

All you can prove is. You didn’t record it on Strava.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Funnily enough I know loads of folk who still manage to cycle who don't use Strava - just saying :wacko:
Yes but I do. My Strava activity abruptly halted last November. Around the same time I went to my GP - with a suspected re occurance of my hernia. Documented scans and physio Apts followed and are are still ongoing.

The balance of probability is that I haven't been riding my bike since November. Of course I could have re layed the patio wearing the Castelli s - but again balance of probability kicks in.

RoadRider400

All Strava will show is that you added no data to Strava. Contrary to popular belief it is possible to go on a bike ride without it.

Doctors note might constitute evidence granted. But it depends on the seriousness of the injury. Does the correpondence say you shouldnt or couldnt cycle?

Anyway its done and dusted but I do maintain that Sigmas first stance was reasonable and that this thread title is, in my opinion, grossly unfounded.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Doctors note might constitute evidence granted.

All Strava will show is that you added no data to Strava. Contrary to popular belief it is possible to go on a bike ride without it.

Like I keep saying ...balance of probability. I meticulously record my rides on Strava - then they stop dead.

I think everyone knows you can ride a bike without Strava so it's not a popular belief.
Not sure why you feel the need to keep informing us of the fact ?

RoadRider400

Like I keep saying ...balance of probability. I meticulously record my rides on Strava - then they stop dead.

I think everyone knows you can ride a bike without Strava so it's not a popular belief.
Not sure why you feel the need to keep informing us of the fact ?
Pretty sure I have only said this once.

Top Bottom