Sigma Sports - Very poor after sales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Then the OP can just shop elsewhere in future, easy :smile:
(and not buy more Castelli as it's clearly a product quality issue with the materials which isn't down to the retailer).

I've never considered Castelli as even if their stuff did fit me, the quality does seem below par given the cost based on reviews I've seen (including this thread)

except I'm £130 down and have a pair of bibs that look like tat ! - a good way to go yet - Im on furlough so can invest many hours in this :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
except I'm £130 down and have a pair of bibs that look like tat ! - a good way to go yet - Im on furlough so can invest many hours in this :smile:
Well you're not going to get any further with Sigma...so you can invest the time in learning Italian and chasing Castelli ;)

Why are NHS staff being furloughed ?! Shouldn't you be re-deployed?

Very disappointed in Sigma sports - whom have a good reputation and I thought I would be safe with. I paid £130 for a pair of Castelli bib tights in October , I had worn them at most half a dozen times, before I picked up a groin injury keeping me off the bike. At the weekend I decided to go out for a very short ride just to see how things were feeling.

I always turn my clothes inside out before putting them for wash - Imagine my surprise when I noticed in the thigh/hip area significant fraying of the fibres. I emailed Sigma sports with photos, and sat waiting for the email saying a replacement was on the way - my only concern was would they have stock.

I was very disappointed when the reply came back. That they weren't going to warranty these as the fraying had been caused by 'external abrasions' - A couple of emails more - but they refused to budge.

I then posted a review of the bib tights and my experience on the sigma sports website - which they have declined to publish (no wonder everything is rated so highly on there)

Had a similar issue with a rucksack from wiggle last year - sent the photos, and a new rucksack was sent out next day delivery. People complain about the dominance of wiggle - but my experiences above perhaps explain why they get so much custom.

Couldn't quite believe the price of stuff on sigma - (the bib tights are now £150) - perhaps they are struggling a bit.
Are they frayed on the inside or outside ?

I can see where Sigma are coming from on this. Item is damaged and it would appear that damage was caused through use. You will have to prove that you weren't negligent and took total care of the bibs. That will be hard to do. Is this a known fault with these bibs? Have others had the same problems? How you prove any of that I don't know. I suspect Sale of Goods Act, or whatever it is called nowadays, may well favour Sigma. Think you've got a bit of a battle on. Good luck.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I can see where Sigma are coming from on this. Item is damaged and it would appear that damage was caused through use. You will have to prove that you weren't negligent and took total care of the bibs. That will be hard to do. Is this a known fault with these bibs? Have others had the same problems? How you prove any of that I don't know. I suspect Sale of Goods Act, or whatever it is called nowadays, may well favour Sigma. Think you've got a bit of a battle on. Good luck.

Yes agreed. The biggest thing in my favour is that I know Wiggle would exchange in the same circumstances, as they did when the straps broke on my rucksack last year. I am relying on sigma giving be the benefit of the doubt. Although damage from Velcro in the washing machine seems highly unlikely, and given the area the damage is in - (Front hip/thigh) - It would seem unlikely I could brush that part against a wall and not notice.

I can pretty much prove from Strava, doctors letters, that I only wore them about 6 times.

They have offered £30 refund - Which I immediately rejected.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Can we see a photo of the damage in question?
No . They have confirmed there lock position - IE one they will legally stand by.

My best angle seems to be the reviews on the sigma website. Literally every review is 5 stars - yet my perfectly honest review is yet to be published.

PK99

Legendary Member
No . They have confirmed there lock position - IE one they will legally stand by.

My best angle seems to be the reviews on the sigma website. Literally every review is 5 stars - yet my perfectly honest review is yet to be published.

It would be useful to see the damage.

I had a similar experience with a pair of DHB winter biblongs. Turnes out the velcro restraining band on my saddle pack was a tad too long and was just touching the material - not enough to feel but enough to abraid.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Most high priced cycle clothing is too expensive and not good value.
One pays for the name.
My opinion.
Yeah - I was at a pretty low EB in lockdown.so thought I'd treat myself to some top notch kit. Lesson learned back to wiggle & DHB.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
The good news

Sigma have agreed to a full refund

The bad news is they want me to cut the bibs in half and send them photos. I get there point , and wouldn't mind posting them back. But to slice them in half seems such a shocking waste.

....snip , snip,

chris-suffolk

Exactly ! - Velcro doesn't damage - it wouldn't be Widley used if it did - and I use oversocks these days.

I know that this is late in the day, and that the OP has got a satisfactory result, but velcro will damage stuff. One side is smooth = good, the other a series of nylon hook = bad. You only have to look at the back of my lycra gloves, where the hooks have missed the other side of the velcro, to see that it readily catches and pulls at threads. Some fabrics, such as lycra (often used in bike clothing) are much worse than others, say a cotton T-shirt.

iluvmybike

Über Member
There is always the possibility of velcro damaging or getting caught on other soft materials in the wash. It is the same with things like bra hooks and the like - I do all the wash in our house and know this only too well - so yes even if you are careful it can happen. To avoid it buy a small mesh bag and put things with velcro in them. This way you avoid that risk

Top Bottom